Harrier Training Missions - Bug Tracker

• 2 years later...

Still far too many bugs in these training missions... which honestly appear to have been forgotten about. Really dumb/frustrating stuff at times too such as only two IRMVs for the Mav/Sidearms training (instead of the needed three - there's an extra LMAV for some reason). Very aggravating for a new pilot in a more difficult aircraft!

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 1:04 AM, RangerGav said:

Still far too many bugs in these training missions... which honestly appear to have been forgotten about. Really dumb/frustrating stuff at times too such as only two IRMVs for the Mav/Sidearms training (instead of the needed three - there's an extra LMAV for some reason). Very aggravating for a new pilot in a more difficult aircraft!

Yeah... I was considering getting back into the Harrier due to the new campaign out for it, but it's been a while and I'd need a lot of brush up. I was discouraged to hear that the training missions seem to be obsolete now?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, grampaita said:

... anyone else having this issue?

The first half of the mission where you use the AV-8B DMT LST mode and DCS's default JTAC on channel 02 of Com 1 (144 MHz) still works as intended.

The 2nd half of this 2019 mission is a little broken (as a tutorial) as some details of the Gen 4 TPOD's integration has changed since the mission was created i.e. SSS double tap to enter TPOD HOTAS mode, etc.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 2:39 AM, Highwayman-Ed said:

Mission 3 - Conventional Take Off

Full version

[TABLE] Item | Status | Comments

Wind direction is wrong for the landing runway | Identified | Needs new voice-overs

True vs Magnetic on EHSD at start | Workaround | in Testing

NRAS and PC disclaimers no longer needed | Fixed | Module Bug was Fixed

NRAS is already colonized when instructed to press the button to colonize it | Fixed | In testing

Spelling & Grammar Corrections | Fixed | In testing

Matched texts with Voiceovers | Fixed | In testing

Introduced delayed beeps to prompt when player is to press space | Fixed | In testing

Added more logic for switch positions instead of asking the player to "Press space to continue" | Fixed | In testing

Removed excess "Press Space to continue" where they didn't add value | Fixed | In testing

Fixed timing errors with highlights not being removed when a button is pressed before the highlight has been shown | Fixed | In testing

[/TABLE]

Short version As Full Mission, plus;

SHORT version is also at night | Fixed | In testing

[/TABLE]

Night Version As Full Mission, plus;

Issue with Timezone calculation when UTC is in previous day | Module Bug | Escalated to RAZBAM

Timings are wrong for Nighttime version | Identified | Need new Voiceover

Approach Light already on | Fixed | In testing

Flap change not recognized with HOTAS | Fixed | In testing

[/TABLE]

[TABLE] Region | Version | Status

Caucasus | Full | Needs Voiceovers

Caucasus | Short | Needs Voiceovers

Caucasus | Night | Needs Voiceovers

[/TABLE]

Can not seem to find a stabilator? What is it how can I find it and is it a cockpit viewable apparatus? it ask you in this training mision to work it. I can't even find it.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Can not seem to find a stabilator? What is it how can I find it and is it a cockpit viewable apparatus? it ask you in this training mision to work it. I can't even find it.
Stabilator is the horizontal bit at the back that controls pitch..... Stick fore and aft will operate it.
  • Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

can not get the TDC to slew for the portion of this training, moving way point with TDC. ok figured it out, you need to be in INS mode which it doesnt explain this.

never mind I had turned on the special TDC action on [boxed] in the Special tab section of settings.

TM011Navigation.jpg

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||