WW1 Combat FSX

The_GOZR

What's the point of flying a combat designed aircraft when you can't shoot anything? MSFS ar nothing but for flying element and that's it... I bought 3 of MSFS (95, 98 and 2004 I believe) and every time I'd try it I'd get bored within few flights and uninstalled it within a week... for me... MSFS's are simply... boooooring :D

No longer active in DCS...

I usually buy every other MSFS just for the flying element. It helps keep me up on IFR flying for which it's very good. FSX is the best update of the series for me purely for the helicopter flight imrpovements. That said, for the casual gamer, it's very stale.

MSFS2002 wasn't too bad with the projectai traffic enhancements, but thus far, they're not there for FSX... yet...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FSX acceleration rocks the new carrier setup is quite good but its a pity the TACAN for the carrier doesn't work yet. BTW the Hornet MP canyon race is alot of fun just wish I had a dx10 system to fly it with.:thumbup: Only major problem I've found is with gamespy it keeps logging you off if there are too many people in the lobby.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
What's the point of flying a combat designed aircraft when you can't shoot anything? MSFS ar nothing but for flying element and that's it... I bought 3 of MSFS (95, 98 and 2004 I believe) and every time I'd try it I'd get bored within few flights and uninstalled it within a week... for me... MSFS's are simply... boooooring :D

Thats what I always wonder about. I've never played any of the non-combat MSFS, but I wonder how people maintain interest in them. Sometimes I just fly around in Lockon, no combat or anything, just flying from one base to another, but the fact that I'm flying a high-performace fighter is what does it for me. Also, the available landmass in Lockon is small. You can cover lots of ground flying at 30k feet going Mach 1+. A flight across the Crimea doesn't take long.

The idea of flying from Los Angeles to NYC in a 767 seems pretty boring. Real pilots do this, but for them its a job. Just seems like a lot of time spent looking out the windows at some fake terrain while on auto-pilot.

• Like 1

Well its now possible to shoot stuff with the ESP dev kit but it might be a while before we see anything as good as F4 or LO. FSX does support the dropping of objects such as bombs and there are key slots for drop tanks.

FSX still has along way to go before it can do the stuff you can do on LO.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]