F-14B AIRIO Radio Tune

streakeagle

I see the Radio Tune command listed in the "Extension Packs" category when you edit the VAICOM Profile for DCS World, but I do not see it in the keywords list and as such it is an unrecognized command. I have tried everything to get it listed in the keywords to make it recognized including a clean install of Voice Attack, VAICOM Pro and the AIRIO extension exactly per the readme and help files. This includes pasting and saving the keyword list into the profile after enabling the extended command set. TACAN Tune is listed. Why did TACAN Tune show up in the keyword list while Radio Tune didn't? I found at least one other person had the same problem on this forum, but no one answered his question.

So, does anyone have the "Radio Tune" command working with AIRIO, and if so, did you have to do anything special to get it to show up in the keyword list and make it work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have it working (sometimes) and had to do nothing special for it.

I find all the manual tune commands hit and miss and haven't got round to sorting this out yet. When I do it will be a case of trying to work out cadence and adding some words / phrases to the Windows dictionary.

When it does work, the radio manages tu tune the numbers to the left of the decimal point correctly, but those to the left are a random lottery.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

But it can't work for me until it is in the keyword list. I can't figure out how to get it to show up there. Presumably, it must be in your keyword list. I wonder what is the difference between my install and your install?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No it is not in my list (and neither are the others apart from TACAN Tune)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Radio Tune is a profile command and so it is not in the keywords dropdown list.

Syntax to use is 'Radio Tune One Two Five Decimal Four', etc.

If you need to, you can edit the command in the VA profile and change the phrase 'Radio Tune' into something else, the command will still work.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

If you need to, you can edit the command in the VA profile and change the phrase 'Radio Tune' into something else, the command will still work.

Hollywood,

I am finally spending some time trying to get this to work and cannot figure out how to get it to recognise reliably. I have changed tune to change in the command to remove a raft of comic misinterpretations by the Microsoft speech engine but if I say the numbers close together it recognises them accurately but shows them as, for example, 123.00 (rather than 1 2 3 decimal 0 0 when the command recognises). If I try to space the numbers out it will stop after the first digit telling me that one is recognised as a command - any tips on what else I can try?

Thanks

If I leave a single 0 then it auto defaults to decimal 2 0

Does asking the RIO to set the radio to a preset not work or was this a later add-on to the F14 that has yet to be added to AIRIO?

Someone asked this on another thread and the radio preset function definitely appears on the RIO radial menu.

I'm not a Tomcat user yet, but I understand another F14 trial/sale might be on the way when ED's is done, so you never know. :)

I can get Voice Attack to recognize "Radio Tune 3 2 7 decimal 0 0 0" as "Radio Tune 327.000" but it says it is an unrecognized command and does nothing with it, despite the command being listed where the documentation says to find it. It has never once accepted and applied the command.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have also had a ton of difficulty with getting "radio tune" recognized. It tends to think I am saying "radio two". I did some training, but it still had a very hard time differentiating "tune" from "two". So I made a duplicate command with radio freq, but spelled it "radio freak". Works every time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have also had a ton of difficulty with getting "radio tune" recognized. It tends to think I am saying "radio two". I did some training, but it still had a very hard time differentiating "tune" from "two". So I made a duplicate command with radio freq, but spelled it "radio freak". Works every time.

Great input, thank you. As a none native speaker I got a ton of Problems to tell Jester what to do. Radio Freak :lol: works great.

Now, if I only would be able to pronounce all the Normandie and PG Names in english....

I continue to have problems with how Voice Attack interprets what I am saying when trying to use this command. The pacing of saying the numbers can produce various results.

Saying 2 5 0 decimal 0 5 0 gets interpreted many different ways depending on the pacing:

2 5 0 decimal 0 5 0

250 decimal 0 50

two five zero decimal zero five zero

and countless combinations of the above.

If it doesn't see the one it expects, the command is not recognized.

The word "two" causes problems for me in other commands, too.

"two", "2", "to", and for me "tune" all tend to come up as "two" when trying to say a command.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe change "radio tune" to "radio adjust" or "radio change", as per Hollywood's suggestion below.

You might also want to try adding aliases, such as "to", "too", "2" to "Two" in the dictionary, as those words will probably not be required for anything other than 2 in any other VP commands.

In my case I found two possible solutions, which worked for me.

1: For the unrecognized "Radio Tune" if you change the Speech Recongnition, it will work again.. dont know why..., i have changed speech USA to speech UK, and everything go fine..( I am not native English speakers)

2: When you say 127.0 but you get 127.20 or different..

Try to say only "127 decimal" same for alls frequencys with .0

So if i want 133.055 , i have to say : 133 decimal 55

But 133.550 you need to say decimal five five zero.

For me it is working like this, so I have adapted.

There's some mores adaptations, like if you say "radar range twenty five" or "radar range one hundred", is fine... you get range 25, and range 100

BUT if you say "radar range fifty" he go to radar range 25..., you must to say "radar range five zero" to get range 50...,

:doh::megalol:

Edited by ESA_v1T1

I now have been using "Radio Frequency" in place of "Radio Tune" and have been able to get fairly consistent results. I still have to be careful about the pacing of the numbers. Sometimes pausing between digits works better, sometimes running them together works better depending on the particular frequency.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I have just purchased the AIRIO extension and like a lot of peeps on here, I am really struggling with getting 'Radio Tune' recognised, apparently due to the sensitivity of the Windows Speech Recognition software to floating point numbers.

If you leave a pause between "radio tune" and the first digits, the command is unrecognised.

If you leave a pause after the first 3 digits (the integer part), the command is unrecognised.

If you don't pause anywhere, you get something like "Radio Tune 252.5" and that is unrecognised.

I have tested my pronunciation with notepad and MS Speech Recognition and although i can get something like "radio change 252 decimal five", that is by leaving the sorts of pauses that cause VoiceAttack/Vaicom to end its recognition and declare it as unrecognised.

It sounds like some users have managed to find a way to work around this sensitivity, and I'd be really interested to watch a video of them doing so, but surely this shouldn't be so hard. Why isn't it possible to just feed a frequency to DCS, in the format "252.5", as this is really easy to get recognised, and if it isn't why can't Vaicom just reformat it, replacing the "." with " decimal " before doing so?

Maybe just forget the decimal on input and assume that it will always follow the 3rd number?

Edited by Greyman

I have just purchased the AIRIO extension and like a lot of peeps on here, I am really struggling with getting 'Radio Tune' recognised, apparently due to the sensitivity of the Windows Speech Recognition software to floating point numbers.

If you leave a pause between "radio tune" and the first digits, the command is unrecognised.

If you leave a pause after the first 3 digits (the integer part), the command is unrecognised.

If you don't pause anywhere, you get something like "Radio Tune 252.5" and that is unrecognised.

I have tested my pronunciation with notepad and MS Speech Recognition and although i can get something like "radio change 252 decimal five", that is by leaving the sorts of pauses that cause VoiceAttack/Vaicom to end its recognition and declare it as unrecognised.

It sounds like some users have managed to find a way to work around this sensitivity, and I'd be really interested to watch a video of them doing so, but surely this shouldn't be so hard. Why isn't it possible to just feed a frequency to DCS, in the format "252.5", as this is really easy to get recognised, and if it isn't why can't Vaicom just reformat it, replacing the "." with " decimal " before doing so?

Maybe just forget the decimal on input and assume that it will always follow the 3rd number?

I have done it by changing tune to freak in the command and then using 'Oh' rather than zero. Now works very reliably and you can just say the phrase

I don't have a problem with it registering the words "radio tune", but it appears to be marking them as "unrecognised" due to the format of the numbers that follow, which always come out as "xxx.x" and not the "xxx decimal x" that VP appears to require.

I've added "decimal" to the speech recognition dictionary ad it registers that on its own, but speech recognition always seems to be converting it to a "." when in a number sequence. I've also tried other words, to replace "decimal", that shouldn't be converted to a ".", but MS speech recognition still does.

Edited by Greyman

I don't have a problem with it registering the words "radio tune", but it appears to be marking them as "unrecognised" due to the format of the numbers that follow, which always come out as "xxx.x" and not the "xxx decimal x" that VP appears to require.

I've added "decimal" to the speech recognition dictionary ad it registers that on its own, but speech recognition always seems to be converting it to a "." when in a number sequence. I've also tried other words, to replace "decimal", that shouldn't be converted to a ".", but MS speech recognition still does.

Have you tried saying 'Oh' rather than zero as I had a similar problem but this fixed it for me. I am at work at the moment but will try and work out the cadence I use later

zero is registered just fine, along with all of the other digits.

The problem is that the full sentence, "radio tune 252.5" is not being recognised and apparently couldn't be unless it is formatted as "radio tune 252 decimal 5".

The problem appears to be that MS speech recognition will not create a sentence in that format, as it insists on forcing the ".".

I have tried leaving pauses, in various places, but that just results in VP thinking that i have finished and not recognising what i have said. Saying the command quickly just results in the xxx.x format being applied.

zero is registered just fine, along with all of the other digits.

The problem is that the full sentence, "radio tune 252.5" is not being recognised and apparently couldn't be unless it is formatted as "radio tune 252 decimal 5".

The problem appears to be that MS speech recognition will not create a sentence in that format, as it insists on forcing the ".".

I have tried leaving pauses, in various places, but that just results in VP thinking that i have finished and not recognising what i have said. Saying the command quickly just results in the xxx.x format being applied.

I can also register zero fine but had the exact issue you describe until i changed to 'Oh'

252 decimal 5, for example, doesn't have any "0"s or "O"'s included

Should i need to say "Radio Tune 2 5 2 decimal 5 O" then, as that doesn't appear to work either. I just get "Radio Tune 252.5 O" or "Radio Tune 252.50" depending on length of pause before saying "O"