AI wingman commands list and advices?

Pochi

Hello,

I am trying to fly with an AI wingman (F18) to feel less lonely. I looked for an AI wingman command list and explanations in the User Manual but can not find anything.

Where should I look for such informations? Is there any advices you can give me regarding the use of AI wingman? I read that it is better to use it as « sensor » rather than as a « weapon » and that it would be better to set him as Passive Defence in Reaction to threat option.

Best regards,

Pierre

My experience is to use them for scenery purpose only.

They rarely engage anything I tell them to, ground or airborne.

They seem to have a 30% chance of ejecting after observing any ground fire. Note I say "observing", not "being hit by".

They regularly disappear and refuse to respond as soon as a JTAC starts talking.

To be fair, when they do engage enemy fighters (on their own accord, not by my command) they fight much better than me.

But seriously I would love to see a good response to the OP to find out what I am doing wrong.

Hello,

I am trying to fly with an AI wingman (F18) to feel less lonely. I looked for an AI wingman command list and explanations in the User Manual but can not find anything.

Where should I look for such informations? Is there any advices you can give me regarding the use of AI wingman? I read that it is better to use it as « sensor » rather than as a « weapon » and that it would be better to set him as Passive Defence in Reaction to threat option.

Best regards,

Pierre

I believe there’s a list in the A-10A manual. Maybe elsewhere as well. If you don’t have the manual, just google it.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Dont you have radio menu come up with the commands?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

My experience is to use them for scenery purpose only.

They rarely engage anything I tell them to, ground or airborne.

They seem to have a 30% chance of ejecting after observing any ground fire. Note I say "observing", not "being hit by".

They regularly disappear and refuse to respond as soon as a JTAC starts talking.

To be fair, when they do engage enemy fighters (on their own accord, not by my command) they fight much better than me.

But seriously I would love to see a good response to the OP to find out what I am doing wrong.

Absolutely right! The AI wingmen behave like cowards. Jettison all weaponary when fired upon or even ejecting.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3336084&postcount=102, a Christmas present from @_schepper_, in 2017. As an excerpt from @Hollywood_315's VAICOM Pro manual, it has been converted to a kneeboard, to help VP users to remember the commands, but the commands, in the "flight" category in this case, might still be of use to non-Vaicom users.

If you want to have a more immersive communications experience, you might want to get Vaicom Pro to go with the kneeboard. The dictionary has since grown somewhat, with F14B commands being added, at least.

i don't know, mine seem to work fairly good

but it takes a little trial and error

one thing i've found works good is if

I lock an incoming target and then give command

that is something like

wingman 2>engage>engage my target

Unlock then lock another target

wingman 3>engage>engage my target

then I use TWS mode to engage whatever is left

for some reason I never seem able to call "wingman 4"

I assume it's because Wingman 3 is his section leader?

I just figured out you can give them the command "engage ground targets"

when you're in the area and they'll do a pretty good job

or you can assign them to attack a group when they reach a certain waypoint

if the AI you're talking about aren't in your group

you can assign them to attack a target through the advance waypoint editor

that starts getting into what type of mission you assign them

(Sead, CAP, CAS etc;)

Guess they just generally suffer from the same issues that the AI flights do as well. My favourite is always the SEAD flights who ditch their ARMs upon being painted by a search radar. Gotta keep up that manoeuvrability when dodging missiles, mind you.

Some things work alright and some don't very well. Remember to tell your flight to engage whatever you are facing as soon as possible and they might do an okay job.

I just found out the Su-25T user manual has a big chart of radio commands and message. Reading through it, I've never had the ATC tell me to "orbit for spacing" when other aircraft are on approach. Nor have I had ATC tell me I am above or below glide path.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...