cage/uncage doesn't work

Hello

So I've got a new HOTAS and I'm not sure where the error is here.

When i want to lock a target on the radar with the cage/uncage button, it doesn't work. Only the HUD is shaking a bit. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Sounds like wrong button . You should bind and use tdc designate to lock . Also be sure to sensor-select the radar ddi . (Diamond at top right)

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Can somebody tell what the "cage/uncage" button does?

Thanks

Depends on the weapon. For AIM-9 it "uncages" (let the seker-head move freely) the seeker so it can slave to the radar lock or go into SEAM mode. For the AGM-65F it lets the seeker slew to the designation from the sensor...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have the WIN WING HOTAS F/A-18. Since the last two DCS updates, my cage/uncage button reacts differently:

When viewing an target on the ground via the FLIR, all is normal. But when I press the cage/uncage button, the camera is placed directly behind my Hornet (180 degrees of heading) instead of straight ahead like it's suppose to.

I received a firmware update for the HOTAS, and went through all the calibrations. Everything is normal on the controllers.

**I fly on Open Beta.

Edited by brindle

I currently have the WIN WING HOTAS F/A-18. Since the last two DCS updates, my cage/uncage button reacts differently:

When viewing an target on the ground via the FLIR, all is normal. But when I press the cage/uncage button, the camera is placed directly behind my Hornet (180 degrees of heading) instead of straight ahead like it's suppose to.

Don't worry, that's not an issue with your HOTAS or it's drivers, but due to the currently wrong TGP behaviour. The Litening Pod is currently very buggy/WIP but the developement should be finished with the next OB update, which is announced for 3rd June.
Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Thanks for the reply. I am currently using a 'work-around'. Using VVSLV: undesignating the waypoint, then VVSLV will show (press and voila). When doing this, I can re-designate waypoint to 'snap' the FLIR back to the assigned waypoint.

**Found this topic afterward, in other forum room >>> DCS: F/A-18C Hornet » Bugs » [WIP] lightning pod uncage/cage command

Edited by brindle