Whats after The 47 and the Mozzie?

EthanM

I think Spitfire has the lowest induced drag among all warbids in DCS.

Spitfire's engine has more power then p-51's engine because lower supercharger gear ratios.

Additional to this Spit is just light plane, just about the same as Bf109.

IMO everything looks ok. If you pump 18lbs at take off this bird is flying :)

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Well, to be honest i think that ED and The Fighter Collection together have enough expertise and references to the real planes.

It would be good to have a bit more solid facts than "I have never flown one" but "it doesn't feels right" before asking others to review their work.

http://fighter-collection.com/cft/

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Well, to be honest i think that ED and The Fighter Collection together have enough expertise and references to the real planes.

It would be good to have a bit more solid facts than "I have never flown one" but "it doesn't feels right" before asking others to review their work.

http://fighter-collection.com/cft/

Yes, "it doesnt feel right to me in comparison to the other warbirds" is the best I've got. If you all say it's fine then I'll rest my case as I dont have time/commitment to do real tests on it. I'm just amazed sometimes at the things she can do from low energy and then the almost instant-takeoff... really? :)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

If anything the impression I get of the Spitfire is that it is too heavy. Watch one take off in person and it takes of like a startled cat, the tail in in the air in a few feet and the aircraft is airborne far sooner than I can get it off the ground safely on the Normandy map.

• 3 weeks later...

Because of free WWII Mariana map is on the way, may be not this year, but still..

I guess, next WWII plane could be the F6F. :)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Because of free WWII Mariana map is on the way, may be not this year, but still..

I guess, next WWII plane could be the F6F. :)

In that case, and knowing the Corsair is already on the way, why not a6m5?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Tree reasons IMHO.

ED does not manage their business according to someone promises.

Aviable data sources.

Money, the F6F has better potential to make money than the A6M.

p.s. i would personaly prefer the A6M :)

and btw. intewrview with Nick Gray, the F6F is one of his favorite airplane ...

thats is my reason why i think why the F6F is possible candidate for next WWII DCS module

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• 2 weeks later...
We already have two Fw-190 variants ... honestly, I would prefer a totally new aircraft, for example a Stuka, or a soviet fighter, like the La-5 or Yak-9

I am going with the Jak-9.

But we defenetly need a Zero and P-40.

... a Pearl Harbor 1941 Map...

and WW2 Assets Pack Update with USS Arizona and so on ...

For the Zero a japanese aircraft carrier.

Landing and starting with a warbird from carrier... awesome ...

... a WW2 Supercarrier module with Akagi, Kaga, Sōryū, Hiryū, Shōkaku, and Zuikaku and some US Carriers of course.

In my opinion more priority then Jak-9.

But Jak-9 also priority of course.

Stay healthy & fly safe

Edited by Moorhuhn

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

My money is on a 109 G-6 that has been hinted lately by ED (I am leaving out the already announced planes).

After that, I think that they are going to develop Battle of Britain, I am sure that Nick and Nineline are eager to visit that escenario. Also I am sure a Pacific setting is also in their plans.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

My money is on a 109 G-6 that has been hinted lately by ED (I am leaving out the already announced planes).

After that, I think that they are going to develop Battle of Britain, I am sure that Nick and Nineline are eager to visit that escenario. Also I am sure a Pacific setting is also in their plans.

When was the G6 hinted?

Yeah Nick has always said that he would like to do the BoB

In the channel map forum and in a livestream Nick Grey mentioned it in chat.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

From what we know:

- Outside of ED, Magnitude 3 is working on a Corsair

- ED will still probably do the Me 262 at some point

- Nick Grey said that Hellcat will happen at some point

- Nick Grey has apparently also said that Battle of Britain aircraft (early Spitfires and Hurricane, Bf-109E) will be done at some point too, hopefully.

- Same goes for the Bf-109G-6 it seems, which, as a life long 109 lover, happens to be the only variant that I don't care for in the least :P but I get it, most produced and all :P

I think depending on how Corsair goes, we can expect Magnitude 3 to do more as well, perhaps like a Wildcat or Zero, they are at least making an AI model of Zero as far as we know.

That's think, all the potentially upcoming WW2 aircraft we know of right now. If OctpusG decides to stick around, and make a second module, we may see another warbird from them perhaps, I certainly did like their I-16 :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hint Hint!!

CV6001.jpgd344627d-123b-4cca-8a1b-73aa7b4cea0cOriginal.jpg

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2020 at 4:25 PM, rayrayblues said:

Hint Hint!!

CV6001.jpgd344627d-123b-4cca-8a1b-73aa7b4cea0cOriginal.jpg

It doesn’t make much sense to release a WWII carrier before an airplane that can actually land on it. Any Navy carrier plane can still land on land until the carrier is released.

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

18 minutes ago, Balzarog said:

It doesn’t make much sense to release a WWII carrier before an airplane that can actually land on it. Any Navy carrier plane can still land on land until the carrier is released.

F4F, F6F, F8F, F4U, TBF, for starters. Then we would need something to shoot at. A6M, Ki 43, Ki 61, etc. and of course at least one Japanese carrier.

Gonna' be a long time comin'.  🙂  Hey, a fella' can dream can't he?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 5/29/2020 at 9:56 AM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

In that case, and knowing the Corsair is already on the way, why not a6m5?

S!

The A6M5 Zero would be very limited in scope. After introduction of the F6 and F4U, the Zero was pretty much fresh meat in any fight. The main reason that Chennault’s Flying Tigers (the original AVG) had such good success against the Zero with the P-40, that was already pretty much already obsolete), was because Chennault developed specific tactics to use against the Zero. The allied leaders after Pearl Harbor didn’t adopt his tactics, so the allied fighters tended to get shredded by the Zero in the early war until the U.S. found a crashed Zero in the Aleutian Islands, repaired it, and test flew it to determine it’s strengths and weaknesses. TLDR: The zero would be very limited in a Pacific map, sort of like having a Spitfire MkI in the Normandy or Channel maps.

Side note: Gregory (Pappy) Boyington, Commanding Officer of VMF-214, was a member of the AVG Flying Tigers and taught the tactics to his pilots in the Marine Fighter Squadrons that he commanded.

Edited by Balzarog
Additional background.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

On 12/10/2020 at 10:18 PM, Balzarog said:

The A6M5 Zero would be very limited in scope. After introduction of the F6 and F4U, the Zero was pretty much fresh meat in any fight. The main reason that Chennault’s Flying Tigers (the original AVG) had such good success against the Zero with the P-40, that was already pretty much already obsolete), was because Chennault developed specific tactics to use against the Zero. The allied leaders after Pearl Harbor didn’t adopt his tactics, so the allied fighters tended to get shredded by the Zero in the early war until the U.S. found a crashed Zero in the Aleutian Islands, repaired it, and test flew it to determine it’s strengths and weaknesses. TLDR: The zero would be very limited in a Pacific map, sort of like having a Spitfire MkI in the Normandy or Channel maps.

Side note: Gregory (Pappy) Boyington, Commanding Officer of VMF-214, was a member of the AVG Flying Tigers and taught the tactics to his pilots in the Marine Fighter Squadrons that he commanded.

Yeaaaahhh, nope, sorry. It's widely known and historically accepted that Chennault's flying Tigers never, ever, faced a single Zero in their whole time in China mainland. Zeroes were naval planes and FT fought IJA aeroplanes, hence Ki-43s only though it's understandable they said it was Zeroes since in the air there's not much of a difference in shape and details. Propaganda aside, they did not combat Zeroes and their combat record wasn't bad but less stellar than said, sorry.

Anyway, my point is, I would definitely like to see a DCS level Zero at some point which would be the perfect match for the Corsair and Hypothetical Hellcat down the road, and despite the difference in performance which I wouldn't deny is there, even with the current WWII planeset it's pretty much obvious how much a combat result depends on the pilot and not only raw performance. Not to mention the historical outnumbering isn't a thing in online servers. Should it be so dramatic as you say, the Spit IX would be always a sitting duck (which was also 'predicted' by some people) and despite the  most ominous predictions it didn't really happen. Same would probably apply for the Zero.

Anyhow, I believe it's easier we don't see a DCS Zero (expected IA aside) due to lack of performance and wind tunnel data not to mention real pilots to speak with than it not happening because planeset balance.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

The A6M and a Japanese carrier would be great. 😀

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack