Vaziani 31 ILS localizer incorrect

Nealius
Go to solution Solved by Ramsay,

Today I flew some IFR cross-country in the Viper: Vaziani-->Senaki-->Vaziani. ILS worked perfect at Senaki, but it was FUBAR at Vaziani with the localizer going all over the place.

In the Viper, VAS 22X ILS 108.75 CRS 310 for Runway 31.

In TCN mode I get this, with the CRS Deviation to the left:

fEJ2u9k.png

In PLS/TCN mode I get this, with the CRS Deviation on the extreme opposite:

4YgA12H.png

Here, you can see the runway to my left, above the Master Caution brow light, but the localizer bar is telling me I need to turn right.

30BbqFJ.png

I circled around for a "visual" landing, and the localizer bar did not show centerline until I crossed the threshold. The glideslope bar is also stuck at the bottom.

Today I flew some IFR cross-country in the Viper: Vaziani-->Senaki-->Vaziani. ILS worked perfect at Senaki, but it was FUBAR at Vaziani with the localizer going all over the place.

In the Viper, VAS 22X ILS 108.75 CRS 310 for Runway 31.

I circled around for a "visual" landing, and the localizer bar did not show centerline until I crossed the threshold. The glideslope bar is also stuck at the bottom.

As ILS was working at Senaki (RWY 09) i.e. zero wind or +6 knot from the west, are you sure RWY 31 was the active runway at Vaziani.

What was the ground wind's strength and direction at Vaziani (ATC ILS directions are unreliable for 1-6 knots) ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• Solution
Active at Vaziani was 31, winds 2kts roughly straight down the runway.

2kts isn't enough to keep ATC's active runway and ILS directions in sync (2.5.x bug).

In your mission ATC's active runway is 31 but the ILS direction is set for 13.

You can either ignore ATC's directions and land on 13 using ILS or increase wind speed to 6 kts toward 125°T so both ATC and ILS will use 31.

Tested in 2.5.6.47404 using an A-10C

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080