Why there isn't a guide how to fight in Dora?

wizav

I mean it's quite different from Spit, bf109 ... I've been looking on youtube but nothing ....

How am I to learn this plane without guide and tutorials :)

People are afraid of this plane (and purchase) by the way because of it's complexity.

I wanted to buy Dora and Anton, but it seems I'll skip Dora....

Wish I knew how to WIN with Dora, I loose all fights against all other warbirds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you think the Dora is a dog to fly, just wait until you try out the Anton!

I can't dogfight with anton at all... I lose to average A.I.

Is it even made for dogfight?

I was thinking about buying Anton and Dora along with Normandy WWII assets bundle :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't dogfight with anton at all... I lose to average A.I.

Is it even made for dogfight?

I was thinking about buying Anton and Dora along with Normandy WWII assets bundle :)

Yes of course the Anton was a fighter.

It was very effective against the Spitfire MkV, but was just outclassed by the MkIX later on.

Arguably, the FW190 A5 was the best dog fighter variant, as the A8 is much heavier due to being up armored.

Read some early reports of RAF pilots encountering the FW190 over the channel. It was nicknamed the butcher bird because it was so lethal.

I love the Dora for dogfighting. Dont enter turn fights and try to dive down on the enemy when starting a fight - then dont turn with him but climb and dive again.

Also the EZ42 is a real nice gunsight and makes it really easy to hit long range shots (theres tutorials on youtube for the EZ42)

Hope this helps. Glhf ;)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Yes of course the Anton was a fighter.

It was very effective against the Spitfire MkV, but was just outclassed by the MkIX later on.

Arguably, the FW190 A5 was the best dog fighter variant, as the A8 is much heavier due to being up armored.

Read some early reports of RAF pilots encountering the FW190 over the channel. It was nicknamed the butcher bird because it was so lethal.

Well the Anton - as it is presented in DCS - is for sure not a fighter. Im wondering what you will use the current version for at all when (if) they release the F8.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Why there isn't a guide how to fight in Dora?

Dog Fight is a relative term, you don’t dog fight in the Dora. You do surprise slash attacks (boom and zoom). Once you engage if you don’t down the enemy plane then use your speed to extend and climb. Get to safe altitude then set up again for another run. Thing about the Dora is once and enemy knows your their (especially the Spitfire) it’s very hard to take them down. Always best to attack when they are distracted and their situational awareness is low. It’s a bit of a boring way to fight but it’s defiantly doable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Campbell

Nice mission! Wish I could play on LFDM :cry:

A good mixture of a nice mission, a good player base and a complete plane is hard to find these days.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Why cant you play on LFDM?

My connection to their server is too bad. Im getting 20% packet loss unfortunately :cry:

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

It was called Würger by Focke-Wulf, as all aircraft from that company were traditionally named after birds. The term "Butcherbird" is simply the English common name for the same species of bird (genus Laniidae). Though, if you have a reference for the term originating from RAF reports, I'd would be very curious to see it.

References:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrike

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C3%BCrger

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Fw_190#cite_note-1

Dog Fight is a relative term, you don’t dog fight in the Dora. You do surprise slash attacks (boom and zoom). Once you engage if you don’t down the enemy plane then use your speed to extend and climb. Get to safe altitude then set up again for another run. Thing about the Dora is once and enemy knows your their (especially the Spitfire) it’s very hard to take them down. Always best to attack when they are distracted and their situational awareness is low. It’s a bit of a boring way to fight but it’s defiantly doable!

Have you ever distracted AI?

:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don’t fly against the AI, I fly against humans. The AI is easy to beat, they fly the same pattern all the time. Up and down, up and down. Once you see the pattern it’s not very difficult. If your playing a campaign mission and their flying away from you, then yes you can sneak up on them.

Well the Anton - as it is presented in DCS - is for sure not a fighter. Im wondering what you will use the current version for at all when (if) they release the F8.

Exactly! Let's hope that it's not the final version of it..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

A dogfight is NOT a turn fight, but a close range fight. If I have superior energy in the Dora or the Anton, I can fight a Spit at very close range, otherwise, I don't fight at all. That is true for all aircrafts, as a matter of fact. Being unable to extend because of lack of power, that is another story. You can do only one attack from above and then extend to safety to live another day. Well, I don't always do that.. :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

It was called Würger by Focke-Wulf, as all aircraft from that company were traditionally named after birds.

Würger is not a bird's name in German. Würger roughly translates to strangler / shrike.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

There does exist a bird called Würger in german: https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C3%BCrger

lol indeed... never heard of that bird even tho im German and it doesnt look very much like a Würger either :D

Okay that bird got it's name cuz it chokes up after having food. Not sure if FW had that in mind. Also its rather the name of a family or category of birds.

Edited by MrExplosion

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 3 weeks later...
I mean it's quite different from Spit, bf109 ... I've been looking on youtube but nothing ....

People are afraid of this plane (and purchase) by the way because of it's complexity.

Wish I knew how to WIN with Dora, I loose all fights against all other warbirds.

I don't have the Dora, but I just bought the Anton and am having a lot of fun trying to learn that for the moment. For me, the flight manual is a good place to start if you haven't already done that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjO4pimm9jpAhWrY98KHZh0DI8QFjAAegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcdn-a.akamaihd.net%2Fsteam%2Fapps%2F250990%2Fmanuals%2FDCS_Fw_190_D-9_Flight_Manual_EN.pdf%3Ft%3D1509660550&usg=AOvVaw1lBpCVQVNWzOq-u29GYD6O

Lots of guys on Youtube showing off their skill in the Dora.

Here's one on how to dogfight in the Dora. You will have to watch it to know if it works for you though.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjO49_-ndjpAhXllHIEHdbDCc4QwqsBMAB6BAgJEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D93SUiorZTVg&usg=AOvVaw2Zyki_VxVjvyop_kZhSup5

If there's no guide, why don't you do what the other guide writers all had to do? Fly it a lot, try things out, learn from your mistakes, then write the guide yourself.