Multicrew - accept or deny access to co-pilot slot

Volator

Hi,

I've been flying on a public server today with the -M, when all of a sudden all my comms went offline, NADIR was not controllable anymore and I couldn't control the Viviane sight. It took me a minute to realize someone had joined me as co-pilot; in chat he mentioned I allowed him to join. I never did though.

I've never tried this multicrew thing before, so how can I "allow" somebody to join me, or more interesting, how can I deny some random player to hop into my aircraft on a public server? I checked the manual, there was no hint. I also checked for any "Special options" in DCS, also nothing that would be related to multicrew.

I have had a few hitch hikers. Not sure how to keep

Em out but really was kind of cool anyway.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I have had a few hitch hikers. Not sure how to keep

Em out but really was kind of cool anyway.

Yeah, it's great with like-minded people, preferably squadron mates, who know how to operate the systems, but with any random player who has no idea of how to do things... not so much.

I did some research but didn't find anything so far. For multicrew planes like the Yak-52 or the L-39 it seems there pops up a menue in-flight when somebody requests to join you onboard, so you as the pilot can grant or deny access to your plane, but for the Gazelle that wasn't the case yesterday.

*Update*

Yesterday I tried it the other way around, joining another Gazelle pilot as his co-pilot. There is no dialogue, no request, no nothing. You just select the slot, click on "Fly" and you are in.

I think this is something Polychop should change. Or remove the multicrew option altogether for the time being, as it doesn't work as intended.

I fly the gazelle on and off. There used to be a pop up message so you can accept or deny a co-pilot.

Something has changed if it’s not happening anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tomcat does have this pop up message, where you can allow or deny the request from someone to join you. If it's missing from the Gazelle than that's probably a bug and needs to be fixed by Polychop.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Follow-up question, as somebody jumped into my helicopter again today: How can I voice-communicate with the co-pilot? I could hear his wife through his hot microphone, but it seemed he couldn't hear me... I had SRS running at the time, so I was wondering: Did I hear him or better her through SRS intercom mode, or is there a built-in voice communication with the Gazelle that I'm not aware of?

That must have been SRS. There is no built-in voice comm with the Gazelle.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 9 months later...