F/A-18 Emergency Jett, CB and Throttlle rail illumination

HammerUK9

Dear All,

The DCS F/A-18 Emergency Jettison button isn't illuminated in sim. The AV-8BNA has the same control and in that aircraft it is illuminated.

Can anyone confirm if the button is illuminated in the actual aircraft? Does it differ between Lots or did the DCS reference aircraft not have illumination?

I also have to ask about the circuit breakers and throttle rails, which are illuminated in the sim. Are they illuminated in the real jet? I know the CB label panels are illuminated, I'm referring to the CB's themselves.

Cheers!

For the emergency, it look not:

F18_Switzerland_1.jpg

For the rest:

The throttle i dont know.

For the circuit breaker, if i have understud right: generaly, the cross on the top of the panel represent the position of the conection for the backlight, pilot can press on if the backlight don't work well for trie to resovle (need to bee confirmif if it's true).

Circuit breacker have this cross so i suppose he is backlighted but it's needed to be confirm.

49862444041_53274c59c2_b.jpg

For the others panel wath i konw, EXT PWR and GENTIE don't have backlight.

27839186007_7c8e8fee4c_c.jpg

40898092430_1773bd0ab1_c.jpg

Hope it will help you.

Thank you, that definitely helps a lot!

I have two further questions - where is your circuit breaker photograph sourced from? I'm always looking for new references!

Is that a genuine Ground Power panel? If that is yours, would you be able to measure the edges for me? Many thanks if you can!

Thank you, that definitely helps a lot!

I have two further questions - where is your circuit breaker photograph sourced from? I'm always looking for new references!

Is that a genuine Ground Power panel? If that is yours, would you be able to measure the edges for me? Many thanks if you can!

The circuit breaker picture come directly from me. 10 years ago, i was able to visit the old swiss hornet simulator.

For the ext power, it's mine yes and i imagine is a real one (if not, is a realy good reproduction). I will take the measurment but probably not before the weekend.

K

I've got the real switch from a hornet and there's no lamp in mate.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi-jacking a bit here - K-lu, can you see what the P/N is on the ground power reset switch?

Wondering if it is an 8869K10X / MS21353-851

Hei,

Sorry for the delay.

I also have to ask about the circuit breakers and throttle rails, which are illuminated in the sim. Are they illuminated in the real jet? I know the CB label panels are illuminated, I'm referring to the CB's themselves.

Cheers!

I was not reading right sorry.

You will have answer here ;-) :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=210170

20200529_085010.thumb.jpg.502fd2bf2a7cad2f2bb7494ca7ee2cde.jpg

Edited by K-lu

Only difference I can tell between 27ET109-T and the more common 27ET61-T is that the former has integrated JANTXV diodes to avoid voltage transients when activating the coil. The rest of the specs look identical.