Chaff / flares

HoYa

There has to be a setting where a throw of the counter measures switch aft deploys 1 or 2 (whichever) and forward the programed 10. Can anyone please tell me hay the settings should be ??

It seems like it’s one or the other but I can’t get both working !

Thanks

You can edit the lua and make the panic button dispense one program and the CMS switch forward dispense another program.

The lua is here DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device

edit the CMDS_ALE47.lua using notepad++

Then bind the CMS wall panic button to your joystick and you essentially have 2 programs available on the fly.

Edited by NeMoGas

There is no such setting. CMS forward runs the program 1 (or 2, 3, 4 by knob selection) manually. CMS right, aft, and left do other actions not related to manual running. The slap switch runs program 5.

At any time the pilot has two EW programs available for manual run at any one time. He can run program 1 (or 2, 3, 4) by CMS forward or program 5 by the slap switch.

Changing the program details is done by first putting the master mode knob into STBY and then altering the programs via the UFC. The program details are also stored on the data transfer cartridge and can be prepared before the flight.

Changing the program details is done by first putting the master mode knob into STBY and then altering the programs via the UFC. .

I've never slapped it into standby to change the programming, seems to be fine.

Interesting. Might have to RTFM again

Action After Contemplation