How to save HOTAS profile

Hello

So another thread by me....

This may sound stupid but i want to be sure it works: How do you safe the Controlls mapping in DCS? I have to unplug my HOTAS and don't want to lose the mapped Controlls.

Thanks

Edited by memoric

AFAIK when you plug them back in they will "magically" reappear, they just wont be displayed while they are unplugged

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

... I have to unplug my HOTAS and don't want to lose the mapped Controlls.

You would only lose the bindings if you re-install Windows, or if you move your DCS onto a new PC, or if you replace the PC's mainboard.

To save the bindings, it is best if you backup regularly the whole /Saved Games/DCS/ folder ... this way you not only save the bindings, but also your Logbook, your custom missions, custom liveries, etc.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
You would only lose the bindings if you re-install Windows, or if you move your DCS onto a new PC, or if you replace the PC's mainboard.

To save the bindings, it is best if you backup regularly the whole /Saved Games/DCS/ folder ... this way you not only save the bindings, but also your Logbook, your custom missions, custom liveries, etc.

Is saving the folder is all it takes? no saving profile ingame before?

Thanks

Yes / No :-)

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On the controls screen there's an option to "Save Profile as." It saves the profile for the column you currently have selected (i.e. if a throttle setting has been highlighted, it saves the entire profile for the throttle). It defaults to saving the default named file in the default location. I navigate to a backup folder and rename as appropriate.

If I ever have a problem with DCS automatically loading the profile as Rudel described, I use "Load Profile" (make sure you have the correct device highlighted) and it will instantly restore my bindings for that device.

Considering that most HOTAS are a combination of Joystick+Throttle, it's helpful to remember that DCS see's them as separate devices (assuming you don't have them virtually combined).