Hollywood Movies

BrackishWater

Can anyone recommend any hollywood film that have lots of good fighter jet footage? I've seen Top Gun and it's weak. I love Flight of the Intruder (my favorite). I've seen the stuff on Discovery like Red Flag (weak) but I'm not sure what else is out there? Where are the good flight movies? And I'm not talking WWII planes or fantasy stuff like Firefox. Any recommendations?

• ED Team

Hmm.. i guess you could take a look at "Stealth". Veeeery hollywoodish, so to speak. Not very realistic, but a good action flick in the air.

Then there's this French movie, not sure what it's called.. .but supposedly its supposed to be better than Top Gun (or so it says on the cover).

Then there's this French movie, not sure what it's called.. .but supposedly its supposed to be better than Top Gun (or so it says on the cover).

If you are talking about "Sky Fighters" with the Mirage.....PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just ask EricJ what I thought about that video.:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol: Its not even worth the $2 I spent on it.:doh::megalol: The only good stuff in the video are the songs. Ohh, did I mention, the soundtrack is off. LOL. They are saying something and it doesn't even go along with the video. And no, they arn't speaking French.

And Top Gun isnt that lame, its a great video still. People just don't like it anymore because of all the "rumors" along with it. If you are looking for F-14 videos, then the lastest and greatest would be Speed and Angels. The older videos I still love watching, like The Final Countdown.:D

howzabout...

"The Hunters" is a film based on the book by James Saulter. The time period is the Korean war, Sabres versus MiGs. Given that it was made in the early 60s it's only a fair film, and not really very close to the book (in which the hero dies). But to see Sabres flying against MiGs (actually F84 Thunderjets) is OK to watch once or twice. The movie has a love story, again not even close to the book, but there you are. Do a google.

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

"The Final Countdown" is a good movie and has some great footage of tomcats, corsairs, intruders....and zeroes!

I bought Speed & Angels which follows two of the last JOs to train in the F-14. Very good flick with beautiful aerial photography.

http://www.speedandangels.com/

There was a TV show called "American Fighter Pilot" that followed 3 pilots through F-15 training...I didn't like the way the show was edited, but there was som excellent footage in there...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMG get a sense of humour. It was a joke. You still never answered my question!! What rumours are there about Top Gun and why is it lame? Some people are so hard to please!!!!

Well then "OMG", don't try and joke because some things tend to be taken seriously.

That movie BLOWS sooo bad. It has no plot, and the coordination is completely stupid the way its set up. IT SUCKS!!!!! Not even worth $2. The only good part of it is the first 20 seconds of the airshow and the music, thats it. I even laughed so hard when they threw in sound effects of an F/A-18 and F-14. LOL Mirages..............

FLYBOYS is so hollywood like. :(

No drama at all. War is always a drama.

But topic asks for hollywood-like movies. Maybe it will do then.

In short - it's good as action but absolute nonsense as cinema-art representative.

FLYBOYS is so hollywood like. :(

No drama at all. War is always a drama.

But topic asks for hollywood-like movies. Maybe it will do then.

In short - it's good as action but absolute nonsense as cinema-art representative.

yep .and many many 3d motion fx .. not real flying planes :x

fun for the picture.. but... :thumbdown:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is old soviet movie "В бой идут одни старики".

Have no idea how to say it in english. Maybe someone else will help.

It's b/w movie. But it's genius. Simple as that. GENIUS. Brought tears to everyone's eyes. If one can feel.

I don't know if it was ever translated to english. If it was do everything to find and watch it. It will be worth the effort.

It's about World War 2.

Death and pain. Pain beyond any perception.