Hollywood Movies

BrackishWater

Yes, I know who Maestro was. :)

And "old" in the name means not age but experience.

Thanks for the english name. So is there a tranlsated version of this movie (english version)?

"They don't know how to fly, they don't know how to shoot yet. But... they are eagles!"

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for all the feedback. Yeah, I agree Top Gun was great, just not very realistic (by ANY stretch). And now that it's been brought out of the closet I have to burn my DVD of it. :cry:

I've seen Stealth, and I also liked Fly Boys, but again I'm looking for something modern. So my list for now is:

Speed and Angels

The Hunters

The Final Countdown

If there's anything else let me know, but it sounds like all flight movies are black & white and old or gay.

Oh yeah, I remember seening a movie at Blockbuster called "Into the Sun" with Michael Anthony Hall. I never watched it, but now it's like it's been erased from the past. Must have been bad.

Thanks again and any other suggestions welcome.

There was that one film with Tommy Lee Jones and Nicholas Cage about Apache helicopter pilots. Its basically Top Gun but not as 80s.

Then of course there is Iron Eagle. I've never seen the sequels but the first one has its moments.

annnnnndddd. Hot Shots. Probably one of my favorite slapstick comedies growing up.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

les chevaliers du ciel. for me the best one, because full 80 % shot from the air (top gun was at 80% from ground)

http://www.actualite-de-stars.com/video/clovis-cornillac/yakk75UxyTLcHD1VE.html

speed and angel documentary

http://www.speedandangels.com/

and red flag

http://www.fighterpilotfilm.com/

There was that one film with Tommy Lee Jones and Nicholas Cage about Apache helicopter pilots. Its basically Top Gun but not as 80s.

Then of course there is Iron Eagle. I've never seen the sequels but the first one has its moments.

annnnnndddd. Hot Shots. Probably one of my favorite slapstick comedies growing up.

Hi :)

The Tommy Lee Jones / Nicolas Cage movie is called "Fire Bird" :) I have it on VHS, still very fun to watch :)

Iron Eagle I is sooo 80s, but the sequels (I bought them all) are -really- bad and going downhill... :)

"Flight Of The Intruder" is probably one of my favorite :) I think that "Knights Of The Sky" (Les Chevaliers Du Ciel) are a mix of beautifull shots and poor scenario, if you know what to expect, you are not disappointed :)

Hub.

PS : One dvd set that is not a movie but a documentary from the history channel, that is really worth buying is the season 1 of "Dogfight" :)

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi :)

The Tommy Lee Jones / Nicolas Cage movie is called "Fire Bird" :) I have it on VHS, still very fun to watch :)

Sorry but it was peace of crap.

Iron Eagle I is sooo 80s, but the sequels (I bought them all) are -really- bad and going downhill... :)

Oh no... not again. Russians can't work together with Americans! :P As I remember they were bombed a nuclear facility and used a maverick missile into air condition hole from top. It reminds me to SW, destroying to death star. Maybe it was Iron Eagle-II so I'm not sure.

"Flight Of The Intruder" is probably one of my favorite :) I think that "Knights Of The Sky" (Les Chevaliers Du Ciel) are a mix of beautifull shots and poor scenario, if you know what to expect, you are not disappointed :)

Hub.

Flight Of The Intruder, yeap that was nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS