F-16C TM Couger Detent Trigger Binding in Foxy?

imc2cavu

Greetings all,

Looking for some advice on how to program the dual detents to fire the laser and guns on the TM Cougar stick trigger in Foxy. I've searched the forums, youtube, googled and couldn't find anything that addresses it.

Here's what I've got so far:

In Foxy I have...

Rem TG1 will fire cannon, TG2 will fire cannon

BTN TG1 /I

/O /H Trigger

BTN TG2 /I

/O /H Trigger

In DCS I have the keyboard binding:

CAMERA/GUN Trigger - FIRST DETENT = SPACE

CAMERA/GUN Trigger - SECOND DETENT =

What I get is I am able to fire the laser, but not guns. In DCS, if clear first detent and put "SPACE" in the second detent I can fire the guns but I cant fire the laser. :wallbash:

Has anyone been successful in programming both detents to work at the same time?

I understand that it works without emulation mode, (joystick button 1 and 6) but that kinda defeats the purpose of using Foxy.

I feel like we have to wait for the auto fire laser in a future update.

Thanks!

Chris

Edited by imc2cavu

I had trouble assigning keybinds to the trigger, so had to program it using DX codes, like this:

USE TG1 AS DX1
Rem CAMERA/GUN_Trigger-FIRST_DETENT 

USE TG2 AS DX6
Rem CAMERA/GUN_Trigger-SECOND_DETENT 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Is DX a Foxy function?

Yes, see page 42 of the Cougar Syntax Manual (on Foxy's Help menu)

Would I replace my existing trigger statements with what you suggested?

I'm not sure, as I have not played with the laser yet. I would have preffered this statements:

BTN TG1 /H CAMERA/GUN_Trigger-FIRST_DETENT 

BTN TG2 /H CAMERA/GUN_Trigger-SECOND_DETENT 

with the macros defined as:

CAMERA/GUN_Trigger-FIRST_DETENT = {LCTL l}    
CAMERA/GUN_Trigger-SECOND_DETENT = {SPC}

but it was impossible to get it working (tough that was on last year F-16, havent tried again), so I resorted to using DX mode for just those two buttons, all the rest are through regular keybindings.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I had trouble assigning keybinds to the trigger, so had to program it using DX codes, like this:

USE TG1 AS DX1
Rem CAMERA/GUN_Trigger-FIRST_DETENT 

USE TG2 AS DX6
Rem CAMERA/GUN_Trigger-SECOND_DETENT 

DX worked! THANK YOU!!