Really dissapoined with rivets textures!.

Dwail

Graphic quality is very important to me in games and simulators. I just bought this module (AJS-37 Viggen), after having enjoyed the magnificent F-14 Tomcat for a while. Unfortunately, I had never seen a video of the Viggen before my screen resolution (2k). I have to say, that seen the plane from outside (F2), this one looks fantastic. What is the problem?. Well, the textures of the rivets on the fuselage, seen from the cabin, look horrible, blurry and poorly defined. The lack of resolution of the fuselage, seen from close up, is very annoying.

I would like to ask developers to put the option to increase the resolution of the fuselage of the plane, so that it does not lose quality in short distances. Because seeing it like this eliminates immersion. Especially for those users who are enthusiastic about graphic quality and who invest a significant amount of money in our PC's.

Graphic quality is very important to me in games and simulators. I just bought this module (AJS-37 Viggen), after having enjoyed the magnificent F-14 Tomcat for a while. Unfortunately, I had never seen a video of the Viggen before my screen resolution (2k). I have to say, that seen the plane from outside (F2), this one looks fantastic. What is the problem?. Well, the textures of the rivets on the fuselage, seen from the cabin, look horrible, blurry and poorly defined. The lack of resolution of the fuselage, seen from close up, is very annoying.

I would like to ask developers to put the option to increase the resolution of the fuselage of the plane, so that it does not lose quality in short distances. Because seeing it like this eliminates immersion. Especially for those users who are enthusiastic about graphic quality and who invest a significant amount of money in our PC's.

Can't tell if troll or not...

Can't tell if troll or not...

+1 I flew the Viggen exclusively for almost a year and never even noticed this issue ... of course I play DCS to simulate flight, not count rivets :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

+1 I flew the Viggen exclusively for almost a year and never even noticed this issue ... of course I play DCS to simulate flight, not count rivets :)

Congratulations, mate! In my case, "immersion" is as important as "simulation". The Viggen's fuselage is beautifully viewed from outside the cockpit. But, as also commented by "COBRA847", the pixel density of the fuselage texture is not "quality" enough to be completely sharp when you look from the cockpit to the closest part of the fuselage; resulting in the fuselage and rivets being slightly fuzzy and pixelated.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/tb04ctsgnvo99ti/Viggen%20Fuselaje.jpg

In the link that I have put an image of what I comment appears. Although in that image, made with my mobile, it is not appreciated as much as on a 27" screen and 2k resolution.

If you look, for example, at the part where the protective glass dome is attached when you lower it to close the cabin, it is like the rest of the cabin, at a resolution much higher than that of the fuselage: the screws and other details are they are fully defined at very short distances. While, the exterior fusalaje, is seen, as I have said before, slightly blurred and the rivets and imperfections of the painting: pixelated

I think the quality of the Viggen's textures are the best there is in DCS and I don't know if they can be further improved considering the DCS graphics engine. The fact is that, while in all the other modules that I have, 11 modules between planes and helicopters, the textures of the fuselage are at a sufficient distance from the cabin, to be completely defined. In the case of the Viggen, as I have already mentioned, these textures are very close, producing the aforementioned effect and which is very annoying to me.

I understand that for most users, this small effect of lack of detail at close range, is completely irrelevant when it comes to enjoying the module, and I think it is normal. But unfortunately for me. It bothers me enough that I do not experience the pleasure of immersion, at the same level as the rest of my other modules.

Congratulations, mate! In my case, "immersion" is as important as "simulation". The Viggen's fuselage is beautifully viewed from outside the cockpit. But, as also commented by "COBRA847", the pixel density of the fuselage texture is not "quality" enough to be completely sharp when you look from the cockpit to the closest part of the fuselage; resulting in the fuselage and rivets being slightly fuzzy and pixelated.

Thanks for explaining better what you meant ... it's been at least a year since I last flew the Viggen, so after seeing your image ... I just had to see it by myself:

NkUbtpCpM6w

I understand that for most users, this small effect of lack of detail at close range, is completely irrelevant when it comes to enjoying the module, and I think it is normal. But unfortunately for me. It bothers me enough that I do not experience the pleasure of immersion, at the same level as the rest of my other modules.

You are right ... the lack of detail is there, but I wouldnt have noticed if you didnt point it out .. and even then, I needed to apply zoom to see it clearly ... honestly, I wouldn't bother to have the developer wasting man-hours improving this, when there are much more significant issues, like the operation of Roadbases, that could benefit from developer time.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for explaining better what you meant ... it's been at least a year since I last flew the Viggen, so after seeing your image ... I just had to see it by myself:

NkUbtpCpM6w

You are right ... the lack of detail is there, but I wouldnt have noticed if you didnt point it out .. and even then, I needed to apply zoom to see it clearly ... honestly, I wouldn't bother to have the developer wasting man-hours improving this, when there are much more significant issues, like the operation of Roadbases, that could benefit from developer time.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Thank you very much for spending part of your valuable time in pointing out what is a nuisance for me, although I repeat, it is not important (in general).

Unfortunately, I realized that "lack of detail" as soon as I bought the module and entered the first training mission (and without the need to zoom), because I pay a lot of attention to those things, the "details" .

And as you have very well taught in your video, the cabin and interior textures have absolutely spectacular detail even at maximum zoom. That is why the difference between this cabin and the outer fuselage stands out more.

Obviously, it is much more important to complete other "more serious" characteristics of the module, which are related to the simulation.

But for me, if in addition to the important thing, they also end up taking care of "those" little details, they will have my future purchase secure, because I am aware that it is a great module.

I have the HeatBlur F-14 Tomcat and it is a fantastic module. Made with a true "obsession" in detail, as I like it!

Edited by Dwail

Don't ever play DCS in VR.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

Don't ever play DCS in VR.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Hehe, well said. I hope you never play the game in VR if you think those rivets is a immersion breaker! In VR everything is blurry, but I will never ever go back to play on a monitor! The Immersion in VR is just to good!

I still play the game in the first gen Oculus, and the plane is fantastic! Who cares about rivets!