Disable controller vibration

Kercheiz

Hi!

I'm testing the Occulus Quest with DCS.

The controllers are really usable with clickable cockpits, much more precise than the mouse. But : every time you point at any cockpit switch, without clicking, it vibrates. So basically, when doing your checklists, it vibrates all the time. That's somewhat disturbing, but more importantly, it destroys battery life.

Is there any way to disable it in DCS?

Regarding the headset itself, it is surprisingly good for the price, tracking is awesome, resolution is not the best on the market but is really usable, similar to the Rift S. Definitely not the headset you would choose for a dedicated use, but as a 450$ toy its capabilities on DCS are impressive.

Hi!

I'm testing the Occulus Quest with DCS.

The controllers are really usable with clickable cockpits, much more precise than the mouse. But : every time you point at any cockpit switch, without clicking, it vibrates. So basically, when doing your checklists, it vibrates all the time. That's somewhat disturbing, but more importantly, it destroys battery life.

Is there any way to disable it in DCS?

Regarding the headset itself, it is surprisingly good for the price, tracking is awesome, resolution is not the best on the market but is really usable, similar to the Rift S. Definitely not the headset you would choose for a dedicated use, but as a 450$ toy its capabilities on DCS are impressive.

Have a look in the Oculus software, for some reason I am thinking they maybe added that ability to remove the haptic feedback on the controllers at some point?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Have a look in the Oculus software, for some reason I am thinking they maybe added that ability to remove the haptic feedback on the controllers at some point?

Hi, I have looked everywhere, there is no such feature. Also on this Occulus forum I found:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69874/how-do-i-turn-off-oculus-touch-controller-vibration

Someone reports the same issue with DCS. I will suggest this to the wishlist... As the vibration is likely triggered by DCS when pointing at a cockpit control, there should be an option to switch it of in DCS VR settings.