Has Deka decided yet? What's their next module?

A chopper would sit right with me.

The Kamov designed CAIC Z-10 t or WZ-10 would put these fellas on the map.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

A chopper would sit right with me.

The Kamov designed CAIC Z-10 t or WZ-10 would put these fellas on the map.

Kamov designed? I see, you got that from another one of those british webpages. Go to Kamov and see if they can offer you any info on Z-10 at all.

Kamov designed? I see, you got that from another one of those british webpages. Go to Kamov and see if they can offer you any info on Z-10 at all.

According to Kamov https://web.archive.org/web/20140706124936/http://ainonline.com/aviation-news/ain-defense-perspective/2013-03-15/kamov-reveals-involvement-chinas-z-10-attack-helicopter

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I saw that too. That's not "according to Kamov". It's a US based media called AIN online.

And that news in webachieve, means deleted. Just like when brits Jane's deleted the comment about how J-10 is Lavi. They made a sensational claim to attract reader, but has no evidence to back it up. That's why they had to delete it.

As far as I know, China did benefit it from project 941, a project initiated by China in 1994 with the help of Russian Kamov (China paid them $3 million for that, mostly for their testing facility). But after the wooden model was tested in a wind tunnel in 1996 (see picture below).

Russia left the project and never involved again ever since. And Z-10 made its first flight in 29 April 2003. Through 1996 to 2003, Russia didn't tough a thing.

unNLoEx.png

Edited by J-20

It’s still live https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2013-03-15/kamov-reveals-involvement-chinas-z-10-attack-helicopter

Reported elsewhere like Flight Global, and references an actual announcement from a real person who showed pictures of wind test models. Would be a pretty elaborate hoax

Im not saying it isn’t Chinese, I’m just seems to be pretty credible that the initial concept and design including verification by wind tunnel models was done by Kamov, and Harbin then actually turned that into a real helicopter and did all manufacturing design changes everything else. They paid Kamov for It, no harm in that, it’s still a very important milestone in indigenous Chinese attack helicopters

So I don’t think Rogue Trooper was necessarily technically wrong, and they definitely feel positive about such a helicopter, it would be very interesting to see how it stacks up to Ka-50 that has much more armor and if Z-10 is really more agile despite conventional rotor design. They definitely went for more of a Scout helicopter approach, I know they wanted Gazelles with HOT missiles and one point, it would almost be a modern filler of the gap between Ka-50/Mi-24 and Kiowa/Gazelle

But it has those MFDs, darn:)

EDIT: okay I see your edit. Yeah basic blue prints and verification then total hand over. Yeah some people might blow it up and belittle Harbin/PLA involvement, but they just misunderstand and conflate the early cooperation that did happen all those years before flight test

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

All this off topic patriotic drama aside, I would love a large bomber or transport plane for a next module.

A dedicated ground attacker would also be nice.

• Like 1

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

All this off topic patriotic drama aside, I would love a large bomber or transport plane for a next module.

A dedicated ground attacker would also be nice.

Who would want a transport?

Also, I don't think there was any patriotic drama.

Why would people call Z-10 a Russian design when they only did $3 million worth of testing work? After taking $3 million, they spend 2 years just to build a wooden model for testing, and all of a sudden that's a Russia design? What are they? Vitamin B6 deficient?

People trying to correct it is not a patriotic drama.

Just give you an idea how little $3 million is, the design project of Apache cost $11 billion. A single Apache's fly away price is $33 million.

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 1

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

Is Deka fixed on Chinese and eastern Aircraft?

I would love to see a F4 Phantom, and I think Deka would be the guys able to do it right! Still not happy that the Mudhen went to Razbam...

F-4E has on progress officially by ED.

RAZBAM never a planned a F-4, get down the drama.

Deka has a Chinese team, they has intente build exclusive and associate national modules.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Also, I don't think there was any patriotic drama.

Why would people call Z-10 a Russian design when they only did $3 million worth of testing work? After taking $3 million, they spend 2 years just to build a wooden model for testing, and all of a sudden that's a Russia design? What are they? Vitamin B6 deficient?

People trying to correct it is not a patriotic drama.

Just give you an idea how little $3 million is, the design project of Apache cost $11 billion. A single Apache's fly away price is $33 million.

I would like to get one properly designed transport airframe. I suppose they wont sell too well. Shame really.

Furthermore, I will buy any helicopter made from China. I have seen some documentaries. They are quite capable machines.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

• 3 weeks later...

yes.

The chinese wanted to produce a kamov attack chopper and Kamov being an intelligent company realised very quickly that the Chinese would simply take the first production run, reverse engineer it and manufacture it for them selves.

So they only agreed to design a new chopper for them under contract.

Only one of us is deluded.... I wonder which one?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Deka mentioned it as a possibility. You wouldn't buy it?

H-6 that is a license built Tu-16, a strategic bomber and recon aircraft.

What does a DCS have to offer for strategic bombers in their current maps?

Let's talk about strategic bombers in 10 year time if we get a general earth modeled so we can offer someone a change to fly 2000 km for one direction just to launch a few cruise missiles and then fly back to base.

This is the same problem that why MiG-25 is not fit for DCS, as what it is just a long range interceptor against high altitude, high speed bombers and recon aircrafts. When your turn circle will be closer to 20 km then it is not even funny to think these to be piloted in cold war era DCS.

These are as facinating as SR-71 would be developed to DCS, you just have no place to fly or operate one.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I would take a transport if it is for tactical use, not for strategical.

Meaning a nice C-2 Greyhound would be nice one, or even a An-8 or An-74.

Smaller cargo aircrafts would be welcomed even more.

C-23 Sherpa

Dornier 228

Cessna SkyCourier 408

An-2MC

But before anything, we would need to have capability transport personnel, weapons, liquids and parts etc all over places. Even if it is just from one airport to some other airport, there would be enough tasks for many to fly.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

スクリーンショット_20210121-071651_Discord.jpg

I was surprised to see Su-30MKK as a candidate for the project. I would love to see them take on this challenge, even if it takes some time...

• Like 2

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

• BIGNEWY locked and unlocked this topic
  • ED Team

I Have deleted the arguing from the thread, 

A reminder to all, treat each other with respect or do not post. 

if you have a problem with the forum, moderation, or another user please feel free to PM us directly

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

52 minutes ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

I was surprised to see Su-30MKK as a candidate for the project. I would love to see them take on this challenge, even if it takes some time...

Yup! Having a Su-30MKK, even as AI would be interesting. Hopefully they can do FF, but like you said: it'll take time, and a lot of it.

I'd be thrilled with any of these. Q-5 plus Razbams Mig-23 would give us a red strike and fighter team even if they never actually worked together. Were over due for a modern red fighter for the Su-30. J-8 is just cool. But if I had to choose one it would be the H-6. It would be a completely new role in DCS, we've seen now you can do more than 2 person multicrew, and it would give blue carrier groups something to think about.

• Like 2