NEW SKIN INSTALLATION

Hello my firends. I try to install new skins to the F-5 but never see it to DCS. I use DCS open beta . In the username saved games folder there wasn't folder of liveries. Where is the folder of the skins. i also copy to coremod folder but nothing.In the Bazar folder the F-5 dows not exist.....

Thanks

Edited by rebelion3011

EDIT! I'm confusing myself here...

My computer decided to crawl. And when I was messing about, I just couldn't find any skins I've used before, but I think I actually put them in the install folder, but I think it should look something like this today.

2020-05-08_23-15-07.thumb.png.9cee3f9cdd6d77eeb21d8c1ab8f7d7ee.png

I hope this helps, if not that some others comed along correcting me.

I only downloaded skins for user missions and campaigns, ,ight be that's why.

Hello my firends. I try to install new skins to the F-5 but never see it to DCS. I use DCS open beta . In the username saved games folder there wasn't folder of liveries. Where is the folder of the skins.

Hello,

The proper folder for user liveries is: \saved games\DCS.OpenBeta\Liveries\

within this folder, each aircraft, ship or vehicle can have a folder for its user liveries ... for the F-5 the name of the folder should be "F-5E-3" (the upper lower case is significant, type exactly as shown). Within this aircraft folder, each livery goes onto its own folder. For example:

Dv1zeDP.jpg

i also copy to coremod folder but nothing.In the Bazar folder the F-5 dows not exist.....

No, try to never put files within the /program files/eagle dynamics/ path, unless you know what you are doing :)

Clean these files you placed, using the command "DCS_Updater Repair" .. look here how to use the updater:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

:thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

My friends. I don’t know what am I doing wrong. In my username saved games folder the folder Liveries does not exist. For example, the F-16 skins I put it to the core mods aircraft f-16 folder. Then i see it in the instant flight on DCS and from F8 to ground crew I change the livery. Sorry for my bad English. Is there a program for installing liveries?

My friends. I don’t know what am I doing wrong. In my username saved games folder the folder Liveries does not exist.

Use Windows to create the folder .. take care with the case, should be exactly "Liveries".

For example, the F-16 skins I put it to the core mods aircraft f-16 folder. Then i see it in the instant flight on DCS and from F8 to ground crew I change the livery.

Again, bad idea to place anything on the /program files/eagle dynamics/ ... don’t do it.

Sorry for my bad English. Is there a program for installing liveries?

Use google translate.. its pretty good, I use it to read the russian part of the forum :)

There is no program for installing liveries, but once you get the hang if it, it will become pretty easy to do.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

The proper folder for user liveries is: \saved games\DCS.OpenBeta\Liveries\

within this folder, each aircraft, ship or vehicle can have a folder for its user liveries ... for the F-5 the name of the folder should be "F-5E-3" (the upper lower case is significant, type exactly as shown). Within this aircraft folder, each livery goes onto its own folder. For example:

Dv1zeDP.jpg

No, try to never put files within the /program files/eagle dynamics/ path, unless you know what you are doing :)

Clean these files you placed, using the command "DCS_Updater Repair" .. look here how to use the updater:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

:thumbup:

Hey Rudel! I got this working now, but where can one find the correct "syntax" for each modul?

Edit: Or is it as simple as to "copy" what's in the module drop down list in the user files? I'm gonna try that first anyway!

Edited by MAXsenna
Add info