Speed of the controls depends on fps

Description:

Speed of some controlls is based on the current FPS. So if you have 30 fps, controlls are slow (you need more time to move throttle from the idle to AB, more time to change your antenna elevation etc). If you have 120 fps, speeds are 4 times faster.

Those are "FPS depended"

TDC, binds are ,./;

Antenna Elevation, binds are -=

Throttle, binds are -+

Steps To Reproduce:

Limit your FPS and start any JF-17 mission, you will notice slow and laggy controls

DCS version: latets open beta. 2.5.6.47404

Tracks and logs for 30fps limited flight and for 120fps limited flight can be found in attached .rar

Addition:

I'm not a DCS developer and i don't know how it's inside, but seems like Deka using frametime and not the real time, or delta time, for controlls movement.

Other modules are fine btw. Is it possible to use real time in those calculation?

Videos:

JF-17 FPS Axis.rar

yes, inputs are processed per dt, FPS is showing what your dt is (dt = 1.0/FPS)

stable FPS is very important for game play.

Both ED and Deka are digging the FPS problem, to bring it to stable.

But I don't think it will come soon, it need dig deep into the codes.

Edited by L0op8ack

yes, inputs are processed per dt, FPS is showing what your dt is (dt = 1.0/FPS)

stable FPS is very important for game play.

Both ED and Deka are digging the FPS problem, to bring it to stable.

But I don't think it will come soon, it need dig deep into the codes.

But in the F-18, for example, speed of throttle, TDC and antenna is NOT based on FPS - you will get the same speed with any FPS.

Could you please check it? If it's working properly in the hornet, may be it's possible to make it working right in the JF-17? Thanks

The engine spool rate seems most affected by FPS. This is how I most notice low FPS - it's a bit slower to respond.

Otherwise, it seems fine generally.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

You guys should really not use FPS to determine speed of functions.

It's an awful way to determine rates, as it will be completely variable and not realistic at all. IRL, JF-17's TDC, radar scan rate, or TGP zoom speed wouldn't slow down or speed up simply because there are more aircraft parked nearby. :lol:

EFM related is not affected by FPS, otherwise fuel flow will also be affected by FPS, which is a no-no.

I know...maybe it is perception and not reality, but it seems that way.

I've been paying more attention to this and FPS here are definitely lower. I think DCS itself has become a bit slower with the last few updates. I'm sometimes struggling to get more than 30 FPS in a clean jet.

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

It's a built-in feature of DCS, no module do other ways.

you can check it again, with all FPS cost pages turned on, like AG radar / TGP / Moving Map / Kneeboard / AGM-65/C-701 seeker.

I'll try that!

DCS is definitely slower though.

I have a mission with 14 human-flyable aircraft (all set to client), and in the ME it takes forever to load the mission. My rig is no slouch, either.

I'm going to try dumping all the eye-candy and see what max FPS is. I used to get 80+ so something is definitely slowing things down.

Generally, it has got slower since they added the lamp glare effects, and changed the lighting in the sim generally.

OT

The Viggen pitch trim was(is?) also fps dependant. Looking forward and using it you had to wait way longer as if you were watching the dial close up.

/OT

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Best I can get in the cockpit (4K) is 63 FPS. With some of the displays (WMD7) pulled up this drops to 43.

At 1080P res I get 130 FPS.

I also discovered this by accident:

X2j6l4a.jpg

What did you discover?

Remember our recent discussion of the Double Ugly? :D

It seems we can now have asymmetric load-outs! She flies good!