Yaw VR motion simulator -- Experiences

pappavis

Has anyone got this

?

Most importantly, how easy is it to setup and use with DCS?

Anyone on the forum bought it?

I'm considering buying, However, its really expenisve, and will use it 99% only for DCS. Share your view Tx!

pro1_b24b1f54-ab36-4244-bba5-fccba0230ed9_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1578907280

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I should imagine it would be a nightmare to attach a decent Hotas, plus rudder pedals. Then factor in mouse and keyboard. And then manage all of the associated wiring as well. Not to mention vr if you are a user.

Edited by bilbosmeggins
Typo

I should imagine it would be a nightmare to attach a decent Hotas, plus rudder pedals. Then factor in mouse and keyboard. And then manage all of the associated wiring as well. Not to mention vr if you are a user.

Actually , the video shows a guy "flying" (WT) in VR with a Hotas , using supplied mounts . They are large enough to allow a trackball as well , and that footrest could be easily modified for pedals . Keyboard ? Not so much in vr anyway .

Not my cup of tea , and i do have some concerns about the drive , but it looks like a well-thought-out design .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I've seen this! There's a guy called DanDe on Youtube who has a few videos on YawVR and DCS. He seems to respond to comments on his channel, if nothing else any new videos he does should be worth a watch.

Long and short of it, I suspect there will be a fair bit of tweaking to get it setup correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

Two things: he claims 360 degree rotational movement per second... yeah right! Also, if you watch closely, the unit hardly ever matches his inputs. Looks like a total scam.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

• 11 months later...
On 5/30/2021 at 7:18 AM, Apar said:

There seems to be a new version. Yaw VR2.. only thing is how to mount your current Rig to it.

Yaw have just issued a stretch goal reward of side rails, and also have a desk that mounts in front of the seat. 
image.png

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/19/2022 at 4:13 PM, Leader98 said:

I am looking into buying a used Yaw VR (first edition) unit.

Does anyone have any experience with it in DCS?

Just did a search in YouTube using "Yaw VR DCS" and found a ton of videos. 

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

If you fly in VR you have to account for something called motion compensation (give it a Google). I had a DOF Reality motion platform and ultimately sold it because the current motion compensation solutions are hot garbage. The motion experience is great but finding yourself sitting outside of the cockpit when you maneuver is not lol

Doesn’t apply in flatscreen of course. 

• Like 1

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break)