What's up with the paintkit

BlueAngel

There's something wrong with the PSDs of the F-16 paintkit.

Not only the dirt effect is too heady (I know I can increase transparency to minimize it) but at least one template, I believe Fuse 2 always gets too dark when exporting the DDS texture. I've tried different DXT options, no matter what I do, it's always darker than all other textures.

I've downloaded the paintkit yesterday, so I supposed this was fixed from the early version. Perhaps someone knows a workaround?

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

No one saw this?

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

I'm not painting the F-16 but I downloaded the paintkit to have a look. I don't know what Fuse 2 is but I assume you're referring to the F16_bl50_Main_2_Template?

The file has a color profile for some reason. When opening in photoshop, convert the profile to your working space (sRGB) and it'll look like the rest. It gets dark because DDS format does not support profiles.

ya.jpg.ab052d1f1a99cf2cd224f66ad00dd650.jpg

Same, fuse 2 is broken.

DDS comes out darker, I eventually made a new psd and pulled all the relevant layers into that.

Thanks George, I’m going to try that one tomorrow.

Edited by Helles Belle

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

To kind of piggy back off the OP.

I noticed there’s no fuel tank files. I was hoping for some guidance on where or how to adjust and probably need a heads up on the changes in the lua description? Any help is appreciated!

Brilliant

Thanks everyone that all worked

:thumbup:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

To kind of piggy back off the OP.

I noticed there’s no fuel tank files. I was hoping for some guidance on where or how to adjust and probably need a heads up on the changes in the lua description? Any help is appreciated!

I'm working on them now.

Hoping they get the offical files out soon.

Otherwise I'll start on the pylons as well.

849a6f23c560c7861d711622830260154dd03f46.jpg

0bbfd9b14908441b77eac92e2fdc187a3becdb80.jpg

50b56cad1ef89a7bc5ca444d0bf95d8fb600430f.jpg

99bdba87d94eb9c8995b5150add30c5cf40f7e46.jpg

image.jpeg

They’re far from perfect, but they might do for now.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309637/

image.jpeg