Trackclip Pro causing in game shaking a little bit

Hey folks,

I've just switched to using TrackClip Pro using my trackIR 5. Although it's a lot better in terms of range of motion I find there are some micro-shakes when you turn your head off centre and keep it still (the movement in game is not perfectly still but shakes a tiny bit back and forth. I've played aroud with the settings and I have this on 100% smoothness slider in the software also.

It's not really a deal breaker. Just wondering if anyone else encountered this. Can't figure out how to get rid of the tiny shakiness.

sounds like there is a view/zoom function mapped to a slider/axis. could be worth checking in dcs controls

That's not the issue. The stutter is not due to a zoom slider being stuck and jittering zooming in and out rapidly. It's more of a lateral shake side to side. You can see it in the trackIR software itself. When you position your head off centre the focal point is jittering back and forth very slightly. At any smoothness setting.

Any light sources (especially windows) behind you (in front of sensor)? Sunlight, even indirect reflections of cloudy sunlight, can mess with the sensor. Normally that would give bigger inputs that just jittering though.

Any light sources (especially windows) behind you (in front of sensor)? Sunlight, even indirect reflections of cloudy sunlight, can mess with the sensor. Normally that would give bigger inputs that just jittering though.

this is the next thing to check, some people have had an experience likes this due to light bouncing of their eyeglasses frames

Also distance from the tracker could be a factor too

Action After Contemplation

this is the next thing to check, some people have had an experience likes this due to light bouncing of their eyeglasses frames

Also distance from the tracker could be a factor too

Very strange. I have not experienced any such issues with my regular basball ht clip that came with trackir5.

I don't wear glasses and there is no issue with light sources behind me, day or night. The screen that shows the sensors in green doesn't show any other sources that could cause an issue either.

Like I say, you can live with it but just seems wierd that it's not rock steady like you'd expect. I tried to mess aound with the settings in the app too and cn't seem to find a solution. Seems like al settings and all the other profiles I have it does it.

this might sound strange, but is the tracking camera clean? i had a smudge on mine from when i moved it, from my finger. caused me some trouble. also could it be a wire issue in the clip, causing an led to dim in output?

bit of a long shot...

but if its stable with the hat clip it kind of points to the led emitter being the pinch point

Action After Contemplation

this might sound strange, but is the tracking camera clean? i had a smudge on mine from when i moved it, from my finger. caused me some trouble. also could it be a wire issue in the clip, causing an led to dim in output?

bit of a long shot...

but if its stable with the hat clip it kind of points to the led emitter being the pinch point

Checked. Cleaned. Still no idea. Same issue :helpsmilie: