How to add explosion & crater effects to cluster/bomblets ?

Hi All,

I am currently working on additional weapons for some french airplane MOD... to roughly simulate the APACHE anti-runway cruise missile.

I modified some cluster/bomblets dispended from a cruise missile or glide bomb (Like AGM-154B or GB-6).

I limited their quantity and enhanced their explosive power in order to damage concrete sructures and runways.

It works perfectly and the runway is localy disabled.

But, as I use bomblets and clusters, I only get the "tiny" cluster effect in game : dust and light.

How could I add some explosion effect and a remaining crater ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Fouga

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EVAC : French virtual fighter school on DCS-World

I reported the loss of cluster explosion sound, which included a support video, back in Jan 2016 and got bugger all response, so good luck with that.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I reported the loss of cluster explosion sound, which included a support video, back in Jan 2016 and got bugger all response, so good luck with that.

Thank you for your answer Holbeach,

I also found some 2016 discussions, including RaZbam team, stating that even without any visible impact on Runways after cluster strike, they were actually disabled for a limited time.

This lack of visual effect is in fact quite old... Damage assesment is a bit more difficult this way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EVAC : French virtual fighter school on DCS-World

Thank you for your answer Holbeach,

I also found some 2016 discussions, including RaZbam team, stating that even without any visible impact on Runways after cluster strike, they were actually disabled for a limited time.

This lack of visual effect is in fact quite old... Damage assesment is a bit more difficult this way.

Looking back, the last video I made that actually had cluster explosion sound, was in May 2015 and that wasn't particularly good.

Checking more recent vids, Mk 20 has explosion sounds, so they could be modified, but there is no visual damage.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..