QTY button in JDAM/JSOW PAGE

sobe

Some instruction say that you should not use the QTY button unless you want to shot multiple JDAMS/JSOWS in one shot at one target while others say to press the QTY button when you want to shot multiple bombs at different targets. I am confused.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

The function of QTY was changed a while ago, there are lots and lots of JDAM tutorials from before it got fixed.

I have never needed to use the QTY, if I want more than one JDAM I just press the weapon release button more than once.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

the QTY is for how many per pickle. but one has to designate a target for jsow and jdam, it will release two for whatever target that is designated. otherwise QTY at one, designate, pickle, designate, pickle, designate, pickle.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Don't touch the QTY button if you only need to launch 1 JDAM / JSOW per target.

This is what I do when I want to launch JSOWs at 8 different targets with TPOD designation (It's much simpler than it appears when listed like this):

- TPOD on + A2G mode + Master Arm on

- Activate JSOWs in stores page (they should start aligning)

- EFUZ to INST

- Select TOO mode before entering JSOW page (this should enable TOO mode in all stations)

- JSOW Page > TYPE REL > MAN

- Enter MSN page

- You're in TOO 1 already > Designate 1st target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Select TOO 2 > Designate 2nd target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- STEP to select next station

- You're in TOO 1 already > Designate 3rd target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Select TOO 2 > Designate 4th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- You're in TOO 1 already > Designate 5th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Select TOO 2 > Designate 6th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- STEP to select last station

- You're in TOO 1 already > Designate 7th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Select TOO 2 > Designate 8th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Undesignate (DO NOT designate again, leave the TPOD alone for now)

- Wait until you're in range

- Pickle x4 (this will launch all TOO2 JSOWs)

- Select TOO1 and pickle

- Select TOO1 and pickle

- Select TOO1 and pickle

- Select TOO1 and pickle last JSOW

- Done, 8 JSOWs going for 8 targets (Now you're free to designate again with the TPOD)

Edited by Hardcard

This is what I do when I want to launch JSOWs at 8 different targets with TPOD designation (It's much simpler than it appears when listed like this):

- Activate JSOWs in stores page

- EFUZ to INST

- Select TOO mode before entering JSOW page (this should enable TOO mode in all stations)

- Enter MSN page

- You're in TOO 1 already > Designate 1st target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Select TOO 2 > Designate 2nd target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- You're in TOO 1 already > Designate 3rd target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Select TOO 2 > Designate 4th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- You're in TOO 1 already > Designate 5th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Select TOO 2 > Designate 6th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- You're in TOO 1 already > Designate 7th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Select TOO 2 > Designate 8th target with TPOD > Confirm that coordinates have been sent

- Select TOO1 and pickle

- Select TOO1 and pickle

- Select TOO1 and pickle

- Done, 8 JSOWs going for 8 targets (Now you're free to designate again with the TPOD)

Gonna try this later. Got 8 in PP mode down, but I thought you couldnt do it for TOO mode. Perhaps I read outdated information.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

Agreed, this process works great as @ 2.5.6 OB..The final undesignate is key BEFORE you switch to any other station.

- Activate JSOWs in stores page

- EFUZ to INST

- Enter MSN page

- Select TOO1 and pickle

- Select TOO1 and pickle

- Select TOO1 and pickle

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero