OE-XAM helicopter rudder pedals

Hey, everybody,

Following the construction of my simpit dedicated to the next Mi-24P I'm looking for a new rudder.

I currently use a Saitek Pro Flight rudder, I have it since several years now; I have never had any complaints but I am looking for a new one...

After reading different forums, I've been watching for 3 different models:

The Thrustmaster TPR

The MFG Crosswind V2

The model from the Austrian company OE XAM.

My choice is more on the rudder from OE XAM.

The TPR doesn't seem to fully match the helicopter flight.

It doesn't look like a helicopter rudder either.

The MFG crosswind is very well rated, has many users but doesn't really look like a helicopter rudder either.

The model from OE XAM is the best match.

It is affordable, DCS compatible, full metal, USB connection and looks totally made for the helicopter (Bell-206 model).

http://oe-xam-simulators.blogspot.com/2020/05/34-9-incl.html#more

The rudder of the Mi-24 is quite characteristic because the pedals are well spaced out and the model proposed by OE XAM corresponds to this.

I even see the possibility to change the feet support to make it longer if necessary.

It would also make it possible to make mounts quite identical to the ones found on the HIND.

Only one concern, very little return of this item made by OE XAM on the net.

If a user on the forum are using it, thank you to give me your opinion concerning precision, positive and negative aspects as well as other information which could comfort me or on the contrary make me give up this purchase.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Have you considered the VKB unit ? Much less expensive and a lot of positive feedback on this forum (particularly for helos) .

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-t-rudders-mk-iv

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

For me: TPR or Slaw Device ;)

The TPR maybe are the best because from reddit:

In my opinion just based on the mechanical motion alone the TRP are superior. I’ve heard the slaw and Crosswinds are described as being very close is feel. The TPR are far better feel than the Crosswinds and I am pretty sure the Slaw as well. The motion of going straight forward and backward vs the rotating motion is the difference.

PS i want change my actual rudder, i have MFG Crosswind but is not perfect for the jet and for the helicopter.

I am in doubt between TPR and Slaw Viper.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Have you considered the VKB unit ? Much less expensive and a lot of positive feedback on this forum (particularly for helos) .

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-t-rudders-mk-iv

Yes it was indeed one of my option too (I am using The Gunfighter MKII Pro) and I will probably choose this model if I don't have a positive feedback concerning the OE-XAM model.

Edited by Razorback

At the end I followed the advice of Svsmokey.

The VKB T.Rudder is indeed very well rated for helos...

Additionnaly, it's quiet easy to customize and to extend the pedals if necessary.

No need to have a breaking system for helos (Mi-8 or Mi-24).

Nevetheless, I saw on the forum that's possible to assign a breaking system via the T.rudder and the stick with the VKB programmation software.

Just ordered yesterday (T.Rudder in stock on the VKB Europe website) :thumbup: