!!!Praise for the MODs!!! a totally new Lockon experience.

JEFX

To prepare for FC 2.0 coming into the DCS world my friend and I bought LockOn/FC

This thread is really looking useful but I guess many linked mods aren't the "best" anymore. It's really hard to say what's really good and still up to date when looking on lockonfiles.com

So, could anyone give me a very short overview what I should do to make LockOn/FC more beautiful and more realistic?

First steps are made :) (copy of installed Lockon directory for saftey reasons and downloaded Modman 7.1)

Edited by Atelophobia

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

You might know but I think it's worth mentioning that some mods might not work with FC2.0.

I suggest these for a start:

A-10 by SimMod

Tree Shader Mod by TekaTeka

FPS Tweak 2.0G7

Canopy without scratches mod (improves FPS)

F-15 and Weapon Pack by Walmis

Su-27 by 3GO

Thanks Griffin!

I ll try these. Should I also try texture mods or should I ignore them?

Haven't thought about the incompatibility of FC 2.0 but should be easy to remove them with ModMan. However, I hope FC 2.0 will bring some nice visual improvements anyway.

Are Mods typically used in Multiplayer or mandatory or forbidden?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I have a few skin packs for both ground vehicles and aircraft. Also had a Kuznetsov skin. So sure, there are many nice high resolution skins.

I'm not sure if they work on multiplayer, I've never played online (will propably start when FC2.0 comes out). I remember someone saying he had a separate clean version of the sim for online flying. So it's propably best to fly with a clean install online.

Also check out a mod called LockOn4Ever or close to that, you can find it on this forum too. Should bring alot of improvement to ground and general world textures and buildings.

Edited by Griffin
  • Like 1

Thanks again!

I ll keep it simple and stick to your Mods in the first run.

More important I need to learn the basics.

So far I don't know too much about those darts.

Mostly played WWI, WWII and Blackshark. Last time I used jets in a Sim should be Amiga I guess ^^

What do you recommend to prefer:

- Manuals

- Flanker Trainig Page

- Ingame Training

- Just play

?

flanker training is awesome .

just choose a bird to start , then look at the tutorils on that particular bird .

the in game training is also quiet helpfull .

heres a link that puts all the ingame training video's to wmp file .

hope that helps .

happy flyin .

S!

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=50&lang=en

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't recommend anyone to prefer something. :)

I have used all of those and it's up to you how you learn best. Usually I have started learning sims by watching some tutorials first, then trying it out and used the manual to learn the advanced parts after I know the basics.

Since it's a big bite to read the whole manual first, I suggest you watch the tutorials of the things you want to learn and practise them. Start simple, I wouldn't go straight to mastering the BVR. The Flanker Training is a great site and shows alot of what the in-game tutorials don't show especially as many of the in-game tutorials don't even work with the current version of FC.

Also I should note that I'm merely a rookie in Lock On, like said, never played online. I have finished a couple of ground attack campaigns and that's pretty much it. Waiting for the 2.0 to get serious with it.

I also suggest to check out the SimHQ air combat corner library. Lot's of useful articles there for Lock On and other sims.

Air Combat Corner Library

I'll pick a couple of useful articles from there:

Hog Basics: RAF Bentwaters Tactics Guide will also be useful when DCS: A-10 comes out, also in PDF.

A-10 CCIP Bombing In LOMAC

Mavericks, Rockets, and the Gun

etc...

EDIT: Oh and when you install the aircraft mods like A-10, Su-27 and F-15, remember to apply the compatibility pack that comes with the A-10. I suggest you read the compatibility pack instructions and install the mods in the order it says.

Edited by Griffin

Thanks guys! Great input!

I ll suck up all you mentioned.

For detailed questions I ll go to the appropriate thread as I don't want to hijack this thread ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I also suggest to check out the SimHQ air combat corner library. Lot's of useful articles there for Lock On and other sims.

Air Combat Corner Library

I'll pick a couple of useful articles from there:

Hog Basics: RAF Bentwaters Tactics Guide will also be useful when DCS: A-10 comes out, also in PDF.

A-10 CCIP Bombing In LOMAC

Mavericks, Rockets, and the Gun

etc...

This might help with the Su-25T. While there are differences there are similar ground elements.

Edited by zakobi

• 1 year later...

If its not it need to be...

Moreee moooddiiing.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the kind words...

I must appologize for not upgrading this quite old thread... I made it a long time ago when we were all in the middle of the Lockon experience. Time has gone by and now, like many people here, I am totally immersed in A-10C and not looking at LOFC anymore. I am glad it helps but I am sorry that some of the stuff must not be valid any more (dead links???, etc.).

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

• 2 months later...

A Thank you thread to our modders

I'd like to start a thread for us to thank the modders for their continued great work.

There''s a lot of us, some contributions are small and some are big but in the end they all pull towards making Ed's Sims a great experience.

So from me to all of you, Thanks!

And a thank you to ED for making the DCS series much more open and easier to work with.

RED9|Trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...