Refund DCS: Supercarrier

VDV

You need to raise a support ticket at their main site:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

The price drop since the pre-order discount is a bitter pill to swallow.

I await the defence.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

This is useful to know.

I always wondered if it was going to be worth it and i'm glad I didn't get it.

The refund issue will be good to learn too.

I like the steam system. 2 hours (which sometimes isn't quite enough to find out for sure) or 2 weeks I think it is.

Wonder how the module works with that system.

Surely ED has something similar though?

• Like 1

I really dont understand this, you knew the risks when you pre ordered it. Yes it was disappointing at first but we will get it soon enough and im sure it will be well worth the wait

As long as it doesn't get delayed again :music_whistling::joystick:

What price drop? In my shop it's 24.99, which is exactly what I paid for preorder.

Just curious, but why bail out now? It seems they are making good progress, there's even a new video. I don't think it will take much longer.

Sorry, I should have added that I purchased on Steam. I paid just over $26 with pre-order discount + f/a-18c owner discount. The current price does not appear to take hornet ownership into account.

I'm not bailing though, never said that, and certainly not for a few quid or a missed deadline.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

How can I refund that module? I'm just tired to all delays and waiting and I want my money back. That was the last DCS module for me. I have switched to another sim. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, what did you think this message meant when you ordered?

attachment.php?attachmentid=235523&stc=1&d=1589302001

refund.PNG.084bab7c9193224abba48b792ebeacff.PNG

Usually this message relates to downloadable content that is actually available at the time of purchase, as in 'you cannot download this and then refund it'. I wouldn't know much about the legal side of things, but anecdotal evidence has it that talking to ED's support usually leads to some sort of solution.

Just out of curiosity, what did you think this message meant when you ordered?

attachment.php?attachmentid=235523&stc=1&d=1589302001

Seeing that he isn't even able to download that product, it's very nature is irrelevant much like that statement and it's checkbox.

so you liked it enough to pre order, but not enough to put up with a few weeks delay?

What other sim will offer such a detailed combination of jet and boat for naval ops? There isn't one mate....

That is called cutting off your nose to spite your face.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

You won’t find another sim with animated deck crew like this so for that reason I shall have to wait. I’ve invested to much into DCS Over the years including my hardware so I guess I have no choice. To be fair to them despite being disappointed they have met their targets from what I can remember for release times for their last few modules.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Maybe, just maybe he'll rather wait for the *FREE* Heatblur carriers and see how ED's ships are supported after release to then decide if he wants the extra features that those offer. If the 18 and 16 are anything to judge EA and post-launch support then most of us are in for another wild ride. :pilotfly:

On Steam you can absolutely refund it. ;-)

Unfortunately it’s not that obvious, because SC preorder came (at least in my case) with free SU-33 module and despite not even touching the plane, Steam thinks I’ve already been playing SC module for more than 50hours since I’ve bought it, hehehe . If someone asked Steam support directly I suppose SC could be refunded, but I guess I’d have to prove I haven’t played SU-33... Oh well, let’s hope Supercarrier will blow everyone with it’s quality! (one can dream, right?)

• 2 years later...
On 5/13/2020 at 6:52 AM, HamP said:

Unfortunately it’s not that obvious, because SC preorder came (at least in my case) with free SU-33 module and despite not even touching the plane, Steam thinks I’ve already been playing SC module for more than 50hours since I’ve bought it, hehehe . If someone asked Steam support directly I suppose SC could be refunded, but I guess I’d have to prove I haven’t played SU-33... Oh well, let’s hope Supercarrier will blow everyone with it’s quality! (one can dream, right?)

playing dcs counts torwards those hours