Watch the Virtual Thunderbirds LIVE performance @ VFAT '07

LawnDart

Watch the Virtual Thunderbird LIVE performance @ VFAT 2007!

As most of you know, VFAT is a LIVE show. This video was created entirely from this event. with each pilot controlling his own jet, from his own home, using LOCKON: Modern Air Combat and HOTAS Cougar joysticks while being streamed over the internet for a live audience of more than a thousand people on November 16-17, 2007.

Download movie!

• Download Quality: WMV HD 1280 x 720
  • Length: 56 minutes
  • File size: 956MB

You can also watch the video streamed via Stage6!

• Streaming Quality: DivX 720 x 400
  • Length: 56 minutes
  • File size: 584MB

Note: I began working on this movie following VFAT weekend back in November and had roughly 90% of it done within two weeks. My intentions were to release this "just as it happened"-type video immediately after VFAT for those who didn't get to see our demo live in person, and also to show it the way we'd want to. Unfortunately work, Christmas and life came in-between and it took me another month before I found enough time to finish the remaining 10% of the video, but here it is. Enjoy! /LD

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Man, these things are alwasy gigantic. Can't wait to see it though, hope my HDD doesn't start steaming. 54 minutes left.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

Sorry, I intended to never (!) make a movie this big again after last years ('06)... but this is simply a "live show" made into a video. It wasn't intended with any kind of fancy movie editing or FX, just to let people who couldn't make VFAT see what transpired from our end.

:pilotfly:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Okay. I actually have the track of it (which looks pretty sweet with Eagles doing the show BTW). Great work on all your parts, can't wait to see you in FighterOps or DCS (which is an interesting question, if DCS does the F-16 ever...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.