Someone please change piper!

imacken

I wish someone would correct the occurrences of 'piper' - as opposed to 'pipper' - in both the manual and the instructor in the Training Missions.

I keep thinking that guys in kilts are about to appear from the clouds!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hehe, I feel you - but honestly, I think it is easier to take it with a little humor than changing all the audio records.

Besides that I even don't really understand why it is called "Piper"; ever since I know this projection as "pipper".

On the other hand - when talking about a "predicted impact point - PIP" it makes sense again to call it PIPer...

Hehe, I feel you - but honestly, I think it is easier to take it with a little humor than changing all the audio records.

Besides that I even don't really understand why it is called "Piper"; ever since I know this projection as "pipper".

On the other hand - when talking about a "predicted impact point - PIP" it makes sense again to call it PIPer...

Yep, I wasn't serious about the audio, but the manual would be nice. Still, there are other things in the manual that haven't been updated for some time, so it might be a long wait.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks BD. As I’m sure you are aware, there are also still quite a few references to the ENC button which doesn’t exist any more.

As we’re on the subject, there are loads of references to AOA on the HUD which I’m sure you know was removed recently as that wasn’t part of the 2000C version.

As an aside, I’m curious as to why working on the manual is impossible from home.

As we’re on the subject, there are loads of references to AOA on the HUD which I’m sure you know was removed recently as that wasn’t part of the 2000C version.

Agree with that, stumbling over that as well a lot.

Agree with that, stumbling over that as well a lot.

Thanks guys, I’ll try to update the manual ASAP.

As for why it is impossible from home - mainly due to three little devils running around and requiring a lot of attention (5,4 and 2 years old) plus a lot of things that need to be done in the house while everyone is there whole day. And in those precious 2-3h I have in the evenings I need to work on Raven One, Iron Flag and Harrier campaigns... in the office I can always find 1-2 hours a day to write.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks guys, I’ll try to update the manual ASAP.

As for why it is impossible from home - mainly due to three little devils running around and requiring a lot of attention (5,4 and 2 years old) plus a lot of things that need to be done in the house while everyone is there whole day. And in those precious 2-3h I have in the evenings I need to work on Raven One, Iron Flag and Harrier campaigns... in the office I can always find 1-2 hours a day to write.

Now, I understand. You have my sympathies!

I have found a few more things that need updating in the manual. Where is the best place to let you know about these?