Request - put EA modules into stabile version too

dali

hi ED,

EA should be enabled by choice on stabile version too. I don't want to run two versions (stabile and OB), but when I pay for EA it should be availible on stabile too. For instance - I payed for JF-17 the minute it was possible to order and it still is not in sight on stabile version. I fear the same will be with Super Carrier....

This is very frustrating. EA should not bi bonded with OB only. Combine this with extra long process from EA to released version....not very nice situation.

Early Access modules are in "beta stage" of their developement.

So I guess the whole reason of having an Open Beta to help with the ongoing developement of these modules in paralel with the DCS "core".

You have bought a "beta staged" product so you have to use the OB to access it. What did you expect?

Sorry but your request sounds illogical.

So I think the only solution. You should not buy early access modules in the future if you don't want to use OB.

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

Ehh...there are EA aircraft on stable, last time i checked. Im on stable, and the f16,f18, yak52 (!!!!) Are just some that come to mind. Id have to check, but i imagine f14,av8,and a couple others are as well.

The jeff is an outlier in that its release was just prior to 256 rollout.

OPs request doesn't make sense

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

EA and OB are different things.

While the JF-17 is in an unusual position in that it has been available on OB for several months and not yet on stable, the usual practice has been that EA products release in OB first to check for game-breaking bugs on a wide range of hardware setups and are then released onto stable within a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'll just be happy if ED confirms that when modules move out of Early Release - they'll be on the stable version not the open beta version...i'm not sure if we ever had confirmation on that...

(Apologies to Community Reps if we have and I missed it - do we have a link to a thread or post confirming it?)

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team

How our development cycle works. ( simplified )

Dev build > closed beta > open beta > stable version.

Early access modules can be on stable and open beta. Early access has nothing to do with open beta or stable build it just means you are getting access to a module that is in development. Early access modules will always be in open beta first, that is how our development cycle works.

The current situation with the JF-17 is unusual as we had planned to put it into the stable build sooner, but we had problems with the open beta that need to be resolved before we update the stable version.

We will get feedback from the users and gather reports when we patch open beta.

If things go well with the next patches we will see the stable version updated soon after.

Hope that helps

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Early access modules will always be in open beta first, that is how our development cycle works.

Does that mean that when they're moved out of early access they (and all their associated functionality) will be moved onto the stable version?

As I said earlier - apologies in advance if that'a already been answered.

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team
Does that mean that when they're moved out of early access they (and all their associated functionality) will be moved onto the stable version?

As mentioned above Early access has nothing to do with open beta or stable.

Early access is the user getting access to a module while it is still being developed.

An early access module can be in stable and open beta,

but the development cycle means it will always be in open beta first, then stable.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for taking the time to answer - much appreciated.

I'm really surprised to hear that ED will call a module finished and out of early access...If its functionality isn't finalised, confirmed and completed and only available to testers...

But at least we know! Thank you.

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team
Thanks for taking the time to answer - much appreciated.

I'm really surprised to hear that ED will call a module finished and out of early access...If its functionality isn't finalised, confirmed and completed and only available to testers...

But at least we know! Thank you.

Sorry you have lost me,

An early access module can take years to complete, when it is complete we announce it in a newsletter, and its early access tag is removed from the eshop.

thanks

It sort of mirrors the way new combat aircraft are developed, like Typhoon for one example.

The customer gets the airframe with limited capabilities so as to start actually using it, and new capabilities are rolled out and added “down the line” when the manufacturer has tested them on development airframes. So in my mind there is a pleasing symmetry about it all.

Think of it in the same way.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Sorry you have lost me,

An early access module can take years to complete, when it is complete we announce it in a newsletter, and its early access tag is removed from the eshop.

thanks

I'm thinking of the F/A18C module...we've been assured that it will be out of early access by December 31st.

I was just trying to find out if that means the stated functionality (AG radar modes, ECM pod, SLAM etc) will be completed and released by that date...or if it will still be under development/testing at that point with a release for 2021?

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team
I'm thinking of the F/A18C module...we've been assured that it will be out of early access by December 31st.

I was just trying to find out if that means the stated functionality (AG radar modes, ECM pod, SLAM etc) will be completed and released by that date...or if it will still be under development/testing at that point with a release for 2021?

Wags has outlined the planned time frame here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4300736&postcount=185

If you want to discuss it please do it here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270829

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

What are you talking about? Do you even know? I'm not trying to be an a$$, and that's not meant as a personal attack, but I don't know what it's gonna take to get thru to you on this issue. The following modules are in early access (per DCS web store) & flyable in stable ( based on the fact I am on stable& have all the modules, even the ones I have no interest in):

F-16

I-16

Mig-19

CE2

F-14

Yak-52

F-18

Av8B

Viggen

Every time stable updates, it gains the previous improvements introduced on OB. When the next stable update comes along, it will carry with it all the updates to modules made since the previous stable update. When an aircraft is complete, all features introduced on OB will have been moved over to stable, and the only differences will occur if a dev goes back to tweak a module, for example to update a flight model or make improvements to a feature, in which those changes will come to stable in due time.

The only early access module that you don't have access to is the jf-17, and this situation has been explained to you as nauseum for 4 1/2 months. Had 256 not rolled out when it did, you would've had your Jeff months ago.

As for the progression of OB to stable is not contingent on a module being complete

Edited by ngreenaway

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

What are you talking about? Do you even know? I'm not trying to be an a$$, and that's not meant as a personal attack, but I don't know what it's gonna take to get thru to you on this issue. The following modules are in early access (per DCS web store) & flyable in stable ( based on the fact I am on stable& have all the modules, even the ones I have no interest in):

F-16

I-16

Mig-19

CE2

F-14

Yak-52

F-18

Av8B

Viggen

Every time stable updates, it gains the previous improvements introduced on OB. When the next stable update comes along, it will carry with it all the updates to modules made since the previous stable update. When an aircraft is complete, all features introduced on OB will have been moved over to stable, and the only differences will occur if a dev goes back to tweak a module, for example to update a flight model or make improvements to a feature, in which those changes will come to stable in due time.

The only early access module that you don't have access to is the jf-17, and this situation has been explained to you as nauseum for 4 1/2 months. Had 256 not rolled out when it did, you would've had your Jeff months ago.

As for the progression of OB to stable is not contingent on a module being complete

You've stated in your post what I (and most people) would assume to be the case "When an aircraft is complete, all features introduced on OB will have been moved over to stable"

Its a pretty straightforward question (which is why I'm surprised its so hard to get a straightforward yes/no answer) when the F/A18C module is out of early access (Which WILL be by December 31st 2020 as stated by Wags) will all features introduced be moved over onto stable?

Can someone from ED not just clarify that - does it moving out of Early Release mean that the Aircraft and all its features will be available on stable? Yes/No?

Airbag_signatur.png

Dude, they already told you everthing straightforward and patiently.

Whilst I appreciate your answer...I'd hesitate to say they have...

Its easy to assume (as ngreenaway did above) that "When an aircraft is complete, all features introduced on OB will have been moved over to stable" as that seems logical - but i've scoured and scoured every thread I can think of to find confirmation from ED that the F/A18C functionality that will complete its move out of Early Access will be available on stable by the 31st of December and I can't find any...even when its asked as a direct question none of the usual ED reps will seem to give a yes/no on that...

Which leaves the question...is it REALLY out of early release (on that date) if thats not in the release version...but ONLY available to beta testers...

Airbag_signatur.png

Whilst I appreciate your answer...I'd hesitate to say they have...

-snip-

..even when its asked as a direct question none of the usual ED reps will seem to give a yes/no on that...

ill break it down barney-style, and you can infer what you wish

virtually every feature you have currently was once rolled out in OB first. virtually any feature you will have in the future will be validated on OB first. if it doesn't work- you wont get it, or it will be beta'ed till it does work.

d4237d4af3063909d12a378f0d5987c1.jpg

Edited by ngreenaway

System:

I'd love to see the justification for the JF17 not being in stable when the Viper went into Stable mid November 2019. There really was no argument for not doing so prior to 2.5.6 coming out. Agree with the OP.

So keep a module that is stable and nearly finished in OB yet release a very early access Viper into Stable. Ignoring all the weapons system to be implemented we can't even add waypoints yet in the Viper so there is alot of potential stability issues still to work through!

If only ED were as thorough as Deka in their product releases, or on fixing bugs and improvements on new modules in the same timeframe. Just have a look at the JF17 change logs, puts all ED modules to shame to be fair in terms of workflow.

Surely it was a commercial decision and nothing else, aka two planes coming out at similar times. Doesn't affect me personally as i only fly OB but feel sorry for those that are awaiting the JF17 yet do not want to put up with the OB architecture.

It needs to go to stable, as in release the exact same stable version just with the JF17.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

ill break it down barney-style, and you can infer what you wish

virtually every feature you have currently was once rolled out in OB first. virtually any feature you will have in the future will be validated on OB first. if it doesn't work- you wont get it, or it will be beta'ed till it does work.

I have no problems understanding that...i'm not an idiot!

My question is...ED have stated the Hornet with the functionality Wags outlined, will be out of early access by the end of 2020...now to me (and almost anyone I'd imagine) "out of early access" means "released" NOT "in testing"

SO yes...you're right it may well have to mean that Hornet Functionality will be released into OB before that end date (Dec 31st)

Given the recent posting of a screenshot with the AG radar, some of that functionality could well be in OB SIGNIFICANTLY before the end of the year...no issues with that, no problem understanding that...

All i'm looking at is for them to clarify whether "Out of Early Access by the End of the Year" really does mean "release version by the end of the year" rather than the alternative "still in Beta Testing by the end of the year"

Its a binary yes/no answer - and I'm talking about something 7 1/2 months away...over on the Patch notes thread people moan and bitch about not getting a patch THIS Week...and BigNewy/Nineline will jump on and assure them its being worked on...there'll be one planned for next week...not sure why its so difficult for someone to say yes, plan is for Hornet RELEASE by December 31st (subject to delays) or alternatively no, we have no plans for a RELEASE by Dec 31st...our only intention is to have the Hornet Functionaity in testing...we'll define THAT status as "Out of Early Access"

Airbag_signatur.png

Sorry but your OP and your problems was worded so badly so I assumed EA modules are beta only (because I haven't used stable since about 2015) while it seems your wish is that you would like if every new updates for your EA modules would come to the stable version the same time with the OB same with the new moduels what are OB exlusive when they are released.

So the point of my first replie remeains the exact same.

If you wanna get the latest updates for your EA product or want to play the fresh releases than you have to use the beta because these new updates have to be tested by the OB and its much wider playerbase first to make it sure that most of the issues will be probably found.

It seems you keep repeating "but the F/A-18 and dec 31" and I have no idea how is this relevant to this subject when its only 13rd of May.

You have that module already in your stable version and you will get the updates in the same way with similar time frames just as anything else previously due to the the reasons everyone described here.

I guess when a module loose its "EA" tag that just means its feature complete but it does not mean its perfect so it would still need to be polished and tweaked for months or years to come so the update process remains the same.

If you are impatient and wants to try out every fresh update you have to use OB I guess else use Stable. Simple is that.

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

If you wanna get the latest updates for your EA product than you have to use the beta
I have no interest in "the latest updates" if I did I'd run open Beta...if I did I'd have opened up my Hornet module...what I do want to know is when a module I purchased in Early Access will be released...I'm hardly impatient - its nearly 2 years in EA...and I'm asking about a posited release date 7 1/2 months away...SURELY its not too much to ask that ED confirm they mean Hornet will be out of EA and RELEASED by end of December 2020...

It seems you keep repeating "but the F/A-18 and dec 31" and I have no idea how is thais relevant to this subject .when its only 13rd of May.
Its relevent as ED THEMSELVES (Wags I believe) said the Hornet will be out of EA by the end of December...they've been very, very specific about the functionality which will be completed to meet that benchmark...no ambiguity - so why can't they offer the same clarity about what RELEASED and "out of early access actually mean?"

I guess when a module loose its "EA" tag that just means its feature complete but it does not mean its perfect and it might still need to be polished tweaked so the update process remains the same
So you're comfortable with ED saying a product is "Feature Complete" AND "out of early access" when its not in the stable version and still only in Beta testing? That's a fairly loose definition of "released" to me...Released...but not in available in the games release version?

Airbag_signatur.png

Even if the release version will be only on Open Beta at first, your stable version should be just a patch or two away

Blimey, please don't say it could be TWO patches away from the open Beta release - that'll take it into 2022 by current calculations (Dec 2020 to open Beta + six months twice over for two stable patches)

:megalol:

Airbag_signatur.png

I have no interest in "the latest updates" if I did I'd run open Beta...if I did I'd have opened up my Hornet module...what I do want to know is when a module I purchased in Early Access will be released...I'm hardly impatient - its nearly 2 years in EA...and I'm asking about a posited release date 7 1/2 months away...SURELY its not too much to ask that ED confirm they mean Hornet will be out of EA and RELEASED by end of December 2020...

Its relevent as ED THEMSELVES (Wags I believe) said the Hornet will be out of EA by the end of December...they've been very, very specific about the functionality which will be completed to meet that benchmark...no ambiguity - so why can't they offer the same clarity about what RELEASED and "out of early access actually mean?"

So you're comfortable with ED saying a product is "Feature Complete" AND "out of early access" when its not in the stable version and still only in Beta testing? That's a fairly loose definition of "released" to me...Released...but not in available in the games release version?

Than why didn't you ask that in your OP?

I am confused. So you have created a thread with the title

" Request - put EA modules into stabile version too"

When the EA modules are already in the stable . (most of them)

Sorry but I am replied to your OP and I don't get it why you have createed this request about lets see again... "Request - put EA modules into stabile version too" when your problem basically that the F/A-18 is not finished yet. ?

Edited by Sharkh

Blimey, please don't say it could be TWO patches away from the open Beta release - that'll take it into 2022 by current calculations (Dec 2020 to open Beta + six months twice over for two stable patches)

:megalol:

thats a bit disingenuous, as the current patch cycle is unprecedented rather than business as usual. look back at the changelog, and since 2018 (as far back as it goes) theres never been a break of more than 2 months between stable updates other than the current 5 month gap

System: