more radio communications problems

Lineaxe

I have been reading all the articles here on the subject.

I created a soldier that transmits a beep on 40.5 FM ..

I get the signal and I can find the direction to him by

centering a white line between the blue and white regions

in it's dial . However , I spin the plane around 180 Degrees

and the line again centers between the blue and white regions.

How do I know which direction to go , If I go the opposite way

I will never get towards him. This conflicts with how it it

described to work in the UH huey manual. According to it you should only get a

signal in the one direction of 360 Degrees . What is going on ? Am I doing something wrong ??:joystick:

However,

I did create a New NDB transmitting on AM 312 KHz working with the ADF ...

I did turn on the VOR and get a signal on 114.90 as well .Switching From ADF to VOR does work

I did get Radio communications established on 252.5 AM However it still receives (makes noise ) on whatever SETTING I seem to SELECT ( PVT INT 1 2 3 4 )

I didn't get a New NDB Beacon Transmitting on AM 254.5 MHz working with the ADF. It makes the sound but the ADF needle or any thing else does not seem to be tracking it ...

I will post updates when I get some solutions (hopefully from someone in the forum )

The radio selector (the PVT INT 1 2 3 4 knob) only selects which of the various radios is used to transmit when you use the push-to-talk trigger on the cyclic stick. In other words, turning that has no influence on what reception you hear.

thanks Kang , that helps quite a lot ... Still fiddling around with other radio types. Getting strange results ... I know FM radio points in a different direction than the 201 Khz AM ADF Finder is pointing when it has good signal strength... Don't know if the signals could get overpowered by local signals in nearby frequencies . ie the new airport NDB ...Just know that the FM Radio needle centers in two opposite directions. and the 201 KHz AM ADF doesn't match up with either of them... So now I have 3 choices of which way to go towards an emitting signal...

decreased the wattage on beacon ... upped the AM Khz frequencies 470 and 490 ... perhaps too close together ? still testing away...

Some interference ?

Moved away from Airfield NDB and any other beacons already situated in the vicinity.

The ADF display then started tracking the FM radio's Navigation all the way to the Target

Still testin UHF AM AND USING THE VOR SYSTEM (working it seems for some signal Frequencies )