Nalchik Approach lights are between trees and houses

Shadow KT

• 1 year later...

I don't see that kind of runway lights on the RL maps or can compare it to any usual sets. Maybe that needs to be looked at?

btw: reported long time ago

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

4 hours ago, draconus said:

I don't see that kind of runway lights on the RL maps or can compare it to any usual sets. Maybe that needs to be looked at?

btw: reported long time ago

Thanks for actually informing us that it was reported.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

18 minutes ago, Shadow KT said:

Thanks for actually informing us that it was reported.

I remember post on the forum. I don't know if it was officially reported to the team.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Those approach lights should be removed. They don’t exist. Neither do the overly tall trees. The road exists and there are a few buildings but very low in line with the runway. One and two story buildings to the left of the approach.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

14 hours ago, Ironhand said:

Those approach lights should be removed. They don’t exist. Neither do the overly tall trees. The road exists and there are a few buildings but very low in line with the runway. One and two story buildings to the left of the approach.

Yeah, looking at the location on Google Earth, I can't see any lights, there are PAPIs and ILS antennae but not sure how recent they are (though I think we have the ILS antennae as of the 2.5 Caucasus map).

EDIT: Actually there might be, at least looking at the street-view looking towards the runway. The lights being so small I'm not sure you can see them in the satellite view.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...

IRL Nalchik has a SALS (simple approach lighting system) and a PAPI installed for runway 24 (the runway that it has ILS installed for).

Sources:
URMN textual (AD 2.14 Approach and Runway Lighting): http://www.caiga.ru/common/AirInter/validaip/aip/ad/ad2/rus/urmn/1-ad2-rus-urmn-txt.pdf

URMN AD chart: http://www.caiga.ru/common/AirInter/validaip/aip/ad/ad2/rus/urmn/1-ad2-rus-urmn-031-031-1.pdf

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

5 hours ago, M16A3NoRecoilHax said:

IRL Nalchik has a SALS (simple approach lighting system) and a PAPI installed for runway 24 (the runway that it has ILS installed for).

Sources:
URMN textual (AD 2.14 Approach and Runway Lighting): http://www.caiga.ru/common/AirInter/validaip/aip/ad/ad2/rus/urmn/1-ad2-rus-urmn-txt.pdf

URMN AD chart: http://www.caiga.ru/common/AirInter/validaip/aip/ad/ad2/rus/urmn/1-ad2-rus-urmn-031-031-1.pdf

I wonder when it was installed though? Given that we have 90s (or earlier) Caucasus map.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Considering there's TACANs installed at multiple airports in Georgia, I think we have a unicorn Caucasus map. Because that stuff doesn't exist.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord