AN/APG-63 range is under-represented

1 hour ago, =4c=Nikola said:

So, nothing in changelog about this? 

Nope.

Nothing about MiG-29 radar either 🙂

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

5 hours ago, =4c=Nikola said:

So, nothing in changelog about this? 

No, just MiG-29 changes (unrelated to radar).

Yet I still have hope because now they are fixing the R-27R and ER per the change log. So maybe one day, radar ranges will get a revamp too? It's a bit more of a problem now that the higher fidelity aircraft completely out perform the FC3 planes in detection range.

Edited by SgtPappy

1 hour ago, BlackPixxel said:

Try the F-15C.

Flanker and Fulcrum radar ranges got fixed without being mentioned in the changelog.

So it is likely that the F-15C got fixed as well!

I just checked, it seems I still cannot detect a MiG-29A at anything less than ~70 nm out, hot, look up. Very quick and dirty so let's see what others have experienced.

Tested vs JF-17, range was 55nm in HPRF RWS, coalt. So no change from my end. 😞

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

• 1 month later...

@BIGNEWY sorry to ping on this, but MiG-29 performance was already adjusted for example ... are you aware if there is there some specific reason (other than scheduling) that this wasn't done for the F-15?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• BIGNEWY changed the title to AN/APG-63 range is under-represented
  • ED Team

I dont have any news to share at the moment, only that it is in our bug tracker. If I find something out I will let you know.

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If F15 radar is undermodelled in DCS, then I hope it will be brought to the correct representation. I also hope F15s FM is also finally sorted, as its the most gamy plane in DCS by a long margin.

But speaking of radars whats the deal with the F16!? Clearly it is WAY overmodelled. When will this be corrected? Is that on the menu at least? @BIGNEWY

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Breakshot said:

But speaking of radars whats the deal with the F16!? Clearly it is WAY overmodelled. When will this be corrected? Is that on the menu at least?

A little off topic here, but yes the Early access Viper will get more tweaks during development. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Breakshot said:

... I also hope F15s FM is also finally sorted, as its the most gamy plane in DCS by a long margin.

Are you serious? Do you fly real F-15s on a regular basis? What is wrong with the FM? 

35 minutes ago, HiJack said:

Are you serious? Do you fly real F-15s on a regular basis? What is wrong with the FM? 

He probably means the lack of wings over-G damage model.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

There's that, and also the ability to top out about 0.5 to 1.5 more G than should be physically doable, so the horizontal stabs are probably not experiencing any airflow resistance at higher speeds.  Or perhaps none at all, overall.

There's a weird transonic roll-off at higher altitudes that I don't believe should be happening, and there are some AP issues and a very barely noticeable control hitch that becomes important in some finesse situations.   The last might be out of date, it's also hard to reproduce.

But none of this has to do with the radar.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

TBH, the biggest issue in my mind isn't really the issue with range, its the fact that the radar is so easily notchable without some sort of prediction for the trackfile. I've bandit just makes a 360 degree turn and your aim120 is trashed. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

3 hours ago, GGTharos said:

While I agree and I find the notch annoying, that range is my picture and I want it.

How bout you get your range, and I get an actual trackfile from ED, and we can all be happy.  😉

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, henshao said:

the clear sky/lookup notching is also a thing still I believe

Pretty sure you cant do that vs fighter radars in DCS.

HP Z400 Workstation

22 hours ago, draconus said:

He probably means the lack of wings over-G damage model.

Bingo! 23Gs with 3 tanks aint no joke 🙂

But it really is the weakest plane FM wise in DCS. Its only AFM. I do hope a rework is around the corner to bring it at least to a PFM standard.

23 hours ago, HiJack said:

Thosands of hours since LOMAC 1.02 till its current state in DCS.

Its a gamy plane atm, it really is.

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

17 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

TBH, the biggest issue in my mind isn't really the issue with range, its the fact that the radar is so easily notchable without some sort of prediction for the trackfile. I've bandit just makes a 360 degree turn and your aim120 is trashed. 

Use range cursor effectively, Narrow scan and MED PRF when within 30miles. Problems solved. Its a great radar in its current state already. It certainly is way better in lookdown and against notching targets then say a Flanker, like 2x better! The only thing flanker has going for it is EO sensor integration.

• Like 1

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

38 minutes ago, Breakshot said:

But it really is the weakest plane FM wise in DCS. Its only AFM. I do hope a rework is around the corner to bring it at least to a PFM standard.

You must have confused something. F-15C is PFM since 2014.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/general/#1512209

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria