Grim Reapers Preview of the Supercarrier

Eldur

A demo on how you taxi and hookup was already done by Wags . . disappointed that these first videos from guys who have the module covering the same thing.

Looking forward to a video on how you can assign positions on the carrier for a realistic mission start instead of trying to sink the carrier . . . didn't see or learn much from these pre-release videos.

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

I think the Su-33's dipping could be due to it being an online shot too. Watching the 2nd Su-33 take off, at the ramp it's nose gear is through the deck, nose almost touching. I'd like to see someone do a SP style review, without all the MP nonsense we've seen so far. Then, we'll have a better indication.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I think the Su-33's dipping could be due to it being an online shot too. Watching the 2nd Su-33 take off, at the ramp it's nose gear is through the deck, nose almost touching. I'd like to see someone do a SP style review, without all the MP nonsense we've seen so far. Then, we'll have a better indication.

MP nonsense? DCS is nonsense without a properly working MP!! Not the other way around... :megalol:

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

MP nonsense? DCS is nonsense without a properly working MP!! Not the other way around... :megalol:

I'm referring to the human nonsense going on in the previews. It's more like watching a poor comedy show than finding out about an upcoming product.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• ED Team
Okay, I don't wanna piss on anybody's chips before the thing's even released and I DEFINITELY don't want to delay it any further, especially if it's something that can be done later.

But I've found something that really rubs me up the wrong way. And that are the Kashtan-M CIWS on the new Kuznetsov heavy aviation cruiser. Seriously, what is going on here?

I mean here's what the real system looks like:

81583008543cba11a911a72b632ac6ca.jpg

And here's what it looks like in DCS...

VuovaDZ.png

First off, what are those textures on the muzzles of the AO-18Ks? It looks markedly worse than the muzzle on the the AK-630s we've had for ages on the Slava and Tarantul-III classes that we've had for ages, and it's the same cannon! The octagonal launchers for the 9M311 are another thing, it's the same launcher as on the Tunguska, and despite it sorta being outdated (but still very workable though), the launchers on the Tunguska look a lot better.

Secondly the sensors, the RADARs, even if, low-poly (as expected) are still the wrong shape (too narrow), lots of detail missing around the smaller dish, and what about the EO system? It's there on the Phalanx, even on the Oliver Hazard Perry and Ticonderoga that we've had for ages, let alone the Stennis and the Tarawa...

Okay there's performance, but still though, is it really that bad that we need to leap backwards in detail. I'm also not buying it's Early Access this time around, because the new Kuznetsov model has been showcased in teaser screenshots for years.

Am I being too much of a nitpick? Am I being unreasonable? I wasn't expecting it to be as great as the Supercarrier, but still, little bit disappointed, even if I am being an unreasonable nitpick...

Apart from though, I'm really excited and looking forward to the Supercarrier and the Arleigh Burke (even given the latter's inaccuracies), saw some really great stuff on those 2, and hopefully we'll see even more improvements in the future :thumbup:

I have passed your thoughts to the team.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Looking good

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I have passed your thoughts to the team.

thanks

Cheers BIGNEWY I appreciate it! :thumbup: I hope you're less angsty about it than I was :lol:

There is another thing I just mentioned in the edit, and that's animations for the sensor 'head' on it, but I'll have to wait and see when it's released before having whinge.

Just don't let it delay the release, it really isn't worth it.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Agreed. The Schtick is not even funny, anymore.

It can be a bit much sometimes, but their tutorials have helped me out so much I'm willing to let it go. And the video they made on the SC night lighting was for me. smile.gif I asked, they answered and said they would make it, and they made it. Good stuff. I'm a fan.

I was watching some Grim Reapers tutorials the other day, and when I poured the water into my tea I started saying "Get suuuuuummmm!!!"

Life in isolation. I've lost my mind.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

What I will say about GR is they produce the most content, and generally are the first to do anything.

I can get behind the let's have fun and do something silly in this serious flight simulator, there are a few annoying things but at the end of the day, the only person making me watch it is me.

For tutorials though I'm not much of a fan and generally prefer someone else (especially with how long some of GRs tutorials are, when they really don't need to be that long, mind you I watched Spiceman all the way through with the F-14 breakdowns, so I guess I should stop being a hypocrite). My first point of call for tutorials is Wags, which are pitch perfect, and then there's Laobi who's very good if you want stuff condensed and quick, of course if you can stomach the language.

I would've said Jabbers, who's delivery is fantastic, the same can be said for Ralfidude; though their tutorials are a little fewer and far between, but are easily my favourites for other DCS videos.

I did nearly go ballistic when watching the run down of the Arleigh Burke in that GR video though, ooooh I was so triggered :lol:

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I'm a nitpick probably, but I also don't like Spudknocker anymore, ever since I found out he lied about being a pilot. I just can't watch that. Same with GR, the vids with the Supercarrier are an ADHD mess.

I guess I like Growling_Sidewinder, RedKite and Jabbers the most, their style and they are calm and relax, soft voice, clear explanations, etc.

But best of all still is Wags. Nobody can beat his tutorials, imo. Wags rules. :smartass:

Okay, I don't wanna piss on anybody's chips before the thing's even released and I DEFINITELY don't want to delay it any further, especially if it's something that can be done later.

But I've found something that really rubs me up the wrong way. And that are the Kortik-M CIWS on the new Kuznetsov heavy aviation cruiser. Seriously, what is going on here?

I mean here's what the real system looks like:

81583008543cba11a911a72b632ac6ca.jpg

And here's what it looks like in DCS...

VuovaDZ.png

First off, what are those textures on the muzzles of the AO-18Ks? It looks markedly worse than the muzzle on the the AK-630s on the Slava and Tarantul-III classes that we've had for ages, and it's the same cannon!

The octagonal launch tubes for the 9M311 are another thing too; to my knowledge, it's visibly identical to the tubes on the 2K22 Tunguska, something that we've had in DCS since 2013, and yet despite having a somewhat outdated model, its launch tubes have a 75% increase in resolution, making them look far more circular.

Secondly there's the sensor section, which is largely the wrong shape; the same goes for the antennae, they're far too narrow and from the front, the larger, central antennae is more octagonal. Lots of detail is straight up absent around the smaller dish and the EO system is completely absent and almost unrecognisable.

I didn't get a glimpse at the animations, but it's head (I guess I'll call it that) can move independently in azimuth and elevation, not sure if that's implemented though...

Okay there's performance, but still though, is it really that bad that we need to leap backwards in detail? Even compared to free assets?

I'm also not buying it's Early Access this time around, because the new Kuznetsov model has been showcased in teaser screenshots and videos for years.

Am I being too much of a nitpick? Am I being unreasonable? I wasn't expecting it to be as great as the Supercarrier, but still, little bit disappointed, even if I am being an unreasonable nitpick...

Apart from though, I'm really excited and looking forward to the Supercarrier and the Arleigh Burke (even given the latter's inaccuracies), saw some really great stuff on those 2, and hopefully we'll see even more improvements in the future :thumbup:

The Kuznetsov got a bare-bones face-lift. EDs focus is on the US Carriers. It is like a LOW FIDELITY CARRIER for a low fidelity plane like Su-33 and HIGH FIDELITY CARRIERS for high fidelity planes like F18 & F14.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

But best of all still is Wags. Nobody can beat his tutorials, imo. Wags rules. :smartass:

Wags is definitely my favorite, he makes it sound like I'm in the back seat of an F/A-18D Hornet for a training flight. That said, I also highly value the vids from GR/Spud/etc as they give a different perspective to the same topics. It's like having the official ED Hornet manual & Chuck's Hornet Guide, I learn a lot because they both explain the same thing in somewhat different ways :thumbup:

Edited by WytchCrypt

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

The Kuznetsov got a bare-bones face-lift. EDs focus is on the US Carriers. It is like a LOW FIDELITY CARRIER for a low fidelity plane like Su-33 and HIGH FIDELITY CARRIERS for high fidelity planes like F18 & F14.

Does not matter at all its poor.................... model update if it was that poor why not just chuck it out for free then? Cant wait for release when 60 people jump on the boat warp into each other lol

• Like 1

They were the first tutorials i came across and it didnt take long to start ignoring them.

There is too much yelling and "i dont know what that is, so just ignore it."

He reminds me of Nathan O, that flat earth guy.

Edited by Pike

btw where are those guys?

Kuznetsov15.jpg

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I prefer wags and redkite there explanations are more in depth and to the point.

Also i like the more natural sounding voice of them better and great content off course.

"CAP" from the Grim Reapers irritates me! Also too much swearing in GR videos which is annoying when my daughter watches then with me

"CAP" from the Grim Reapers irritates me! Also too much swearing in GR videos which is annoying when my daughter watches then with me

Normally I would say that swearing is simply part of the show and you should deal with it. But I have so much respect for your situation; your daughter sitting and watching DCS tutorials with you, that I will take your side in this matter. smile.gif

That said, for some reason I like Cap's over the top presentation. Sometimes it's a bit much, but sometimes I laugh and I have learned a ton from his/their tutorials.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!