ACP weapon types incorrect.

Yeah, the A10A is old. But I'm having some fun with her.

I was watching some old LOMAC/FC tutorials and realized after years that there are rotary selectors above each station button which indicate the type of weapon loaded. I imagine this is set by the pilot during the preflight/start, and tells the weapons system what type of weapon is loaded...neat.

There's no reference to it in the current DCS A-10A or Flaming Cliffs 3 manual, but sure enough it still functions! .....sort of....

When you change loadouts the values change, but they're incorrect for the store loaded.

YaTD5oV.png

Mavericks are labeled as FLARE, rockets as ECM, the jammer pod as DISP, and the fuel pod as GUN. The cluster weapons and GP bombs appear to be correctly labeled? Is there a HDGP setting as well for the MK82AIR? Is SPL accurate for sidewinders?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi

As far as I am aware it does not function for FC3 and the A-10a

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for having a look BIGNEWY!

I think I'll consider this some sort of "Easter Egg" for now.

Regardless of how this got into the current version, here are examples of the labels changing during several reloads (the label changes as soon as the weapon is loaded).

JnCKLeA.jpg

And for those curious, here's the video that motivated me to look and see if this feature still existed. :book::smartass::thumbup:

Highlighted by Wags at 1m42s.

• 2 months later...

Man on a mission.

Yeah, they clearly do change and don't reflect the right stores often. For example AGM65s come up as 'Flares'.

It looks like the weapon IDs got jumbled at one point and this didn't get updated in the A10A module. So maybe the old illumination flare ID is now used for Mavs.

• 6 months later...
On 6/5/2020 at 1:50 AM, BIGNEWY said:

As far as I am aware it does not function for FC3 and the A-10a

@BIGNEWY it does function, actually, but incorrectly. Would you be able to see if this can be fixed in an upcoming update? Hopefully it's an easy fix 🤞 This is important because it helps understanding what your remaining loadout is without having to cycle through the active weapon - also, displaying the wrong information is confusing and does more harm than good.

As far as I can tell, here's a list of how various stores are currently, and should be, indicated:

Store Current display Correct display  
AGM-65 FLARE E/O ❌
AIM-9 SPL DISP ❌
ALQ-131/184 DISP ECM ❌
CBU-87/97, Mk 20 CW CW ✅
Fuel tank GUN FUEL ❌
LAU-68/131 ECM RKT ❌
Mk-82/84, BDU-33, BDU-50LD LDGP LDGP ✅
Mk-82AIR, BDU-50HD LDGP HDGP ❌
SUU-25 LDGP FLARE ❌

• Like 1

• ED Team

Thanks I have asked the team to take a look.

thank you 

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 years later...

The ACP label is written in A-10A-CPT-TEXTURES/A-10A_Devices_02, and it seems that it can be fixed by changing the order. (Reference: TO-1A-10A-34-1-1 (May 3, 1999) Page. 1-54)
However, smokepods etc. do not appear as "SMOKE" (arg_value 0.14?) and HDGP seems to be defined as LDGP.
By the way, GBU-10 and GBU-12 are displayed as E/O.

As an aside, I feel that the notation of NMSP is also different, but which lot is it based on...? (Reference: T.O 1A-10A-1 (20 February 1983) Page 1.81)
NMSP doesn't work on FC3 aircraft, so it's just a matter of looks.

acp.png

Edited by ReMZero_kkrn
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...