Help setting up cougar throttle for viper

Hi, who here uses a cougar throttle for this module and how have you set up the throttle within DCS to most effectively match the cougar detects and functionality?

I use mine with a TUSBA, and am having issues with setting the ranges and detects so it works properly in the sim. How do you set the axis tune options?

Thank you

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hey Mark,

I too have the Cougar, I just recently found a gently used on on ebay, pulled the trigger, and now trying to sort it out.

With my controller, the Z axis on the throttle simply isn't working; it recognizes the input, but it seems locked in one position. I took it out, cleaned int with deOxit! but didn't seems to make a difference. all of the other axis movements on both throttle and stick seem to be working and respond, but I too am having the issues with radar ranging/antenna rotary axis movements not centering. I have tried everything I know of how to be able to tune the movements, at least to find center where the detents are on the actual throttle. I ordered a TUSBA yesterday, hoping to resolve the issue, but it sounds like I'm going to be in the same boat as your are currently.

I haven't downloaded any soft wear or drivers from Thrustmaster site, as they all seem to be for older Windows platforms, where Im running Windows 10. not sure if this is an issue or not.

as I have the TM Warthog and rudder pedals, I have the TARGET softwear set up, but havent sorted out how to use that to configure my throttle or stick. As DCS sees the cougar and warthog sticks, I just program there.

I would eventually like to put hall sensors in the cougar stick, but viperwear is the only place I can find that sells them, and they are sold out of everything.

I'd settle on getting a replacement potentiometer for the throttle axis, but cant even find one of those.

sorry I don't have any answers for you, I would very much love to get this stick up and running eventually. I love the feel of the stick, and the viper is my favorite module.

I'm very much interested if anyone has any further information regarding a fix for the OP.

Hi markturner1960,

Go to the real simulator website and download their dev tool, it’s an uncomplicated tool and you should be able to fine tune your cougar throttle as it interfaces with their usb adaptor and not the firmware on the cougar throttle. You should be able to tune as required.

https://realsimulator.com/downloads/

Just as a side note if you end up picking up other RS products then this software will control all their equipment:)

Edited by (504)Blade

Thanks, I do have this as I also have their F-16 grip. I have resolved the issue, its all to do with the software in the TUSBA set up.

Grits, you can get the parts you need here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.