Interaction with non-SC owners

razo+r

I just wish they'd get yelled at by the airboss, wanting some butts! Now! Couldn't have a better ad for the module IMHO.

And of course, just no service, so no cat directing, hookup or launches, no R&R, and your journey ends if you land without managing to take off without the cat. Would just be more realistic... maybe even getting shot at since you enter the vicinity without permission (though that might cause some problems online if mission builders place the SC and the old Stennis close to each other) pinkiepieexcited.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Can people who do not own the SC fly through it (Since one cannot spawn and land on one)?

How about weapons?

Do the weapons from those people damage the ship?

Do weapons from the ship correctly damage the players?

Unless things have changed individuals whom don't own the SC module can land on it, but can spawn on it. I'm pretty sure the new comms won't be available unless you own the SC module as well.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

This kind of hostility against potential customers is the exact opposite of a good reason to buy the SC.

No need to punish all those that did not buy it.

You can reach the goal of selling the SC or any other modules on two different ways.

1: Negativity and punishment for non owners

Sure it might force someone to buy the module but I think that the majority might be rather upset and might not support this practice. This is just the elitist mindset, that makes the lives of newcomers to the community so hard.

Being shot or yelled at? I mean you are flying back from a mission and come to close to a SC and get shot down or yelled at? Wtf honestly?

2: positivity and product quality

Just make a product, that everybody wants to have. Listen to the community and enhance the fun for everyone owning your core product.

Bring in unique features and do not punish the ones that can not or just do not want to afford a new module.

(Bohemia is quite successful with this strategy)

I bought the SC and would really prefer the second option.

As the discussions in the last months have shown there are some people in the community preferring the first option. I can not understand why to be honest. Why does anyone want to punish the ones that did not buy it and by that split the community even more?

Totally beyond me

This kind of hostility against potential customers is the exact opposite of a good reason to buy the SC.

No need to punish all those that did not buy it.

You can reach the goal of selling the SC or any other modules on two different ways.

There's no hostility nor are people who don't buy punished. Where do you get this nonsense?

1: Negativity and punishment for non owners

Sure it might force someone to buy the module but I think that the majority might be rather upset and might not support this practice. This is just the elitist mindset, that makes the lives of newcomers to the community so hard.

Being shot or yelled at? I mean you are flying back from a mission and come to close to a SC and get shot down or yelled at? Wtf honestly?

Your concerns are pointless.

As a side note: If you did not spawn on the SC why would you be flying back to it? Why would you not fly back according to your mission brief or waypoints?

2: positivity and product quality

Just make a product, that everybody wants to have. Listen to the community and enhance the fun for everyone owning your core product.

Bring in unique features and do not punish the ones that can not or just do not want to afford a new module.

(Bohemia is quite successful with this strategy)

ED has and does listen to the community; that is why the SC module is not required to join a server with that module in the mission. That is one of the very things the community requested.... Your point is proven invalid.

I bought the SC and would really prefer the second option.

As the discussions in the last months have shown there are some people in the community preferring the first option. I can not understand why to be honest. Why does anyone want to punish the ones that did not buy it and by that split the community even more?

Totally beyond me

Again, this is not a concern.

Unless things have changed individuals whom don't own the SC module can land on it, but can spawn on it. I'm pretty sure the new comms won't be available unless you own the SC module as well.

That goes against the thing they have stated in the FAQ

However, if you do not own the Supercarrier module, you will not be able to spawn on the deck to takeoff or catch an arresting wire to land. You would also not be able to take advantage of the new radio communications, the Ready Room, LSO, Station, and Air Boss Station.

Which is the reason why I asked those questions.

Not being able to catch an arresting wire is new; well it is what it is. You'll find missions that contain the old Stennis for people who don't own the SC module and they'll have the SC for those that do.

Problem solved....

There's no hostility nor are people who don't buy punished. Where do you get this nonsense?

Your concerns are pointless.

I just wish they'd get yelled at by the airboss, wanting some butts! Now! Couldn't have a better ad for the module IMHO.

And of course, just no service, so no cat directing, hookup or launches, no R&R, and your journey ends if you land without managing to take off without the cat. Would just be more realistic... maybe even getting shot at since you enter the vicinity without permission (though that might cause some problems online if mission builders place the SC and the old Stennis close to each other) pinkiepieexcited.png

This is the hostility I am talking about.

If I would be concerned, I would not have bought it.

But I have read these kind of statements a lot in the past few months and I just do not understand the point. But maybe I am just making this things up and there are no such statements... Who knows

Edited by mcfleck

Not being able to catch an arresting wire is new; well it is what it is. You'll find missions that contain the old Stennis for people who don't own the SC module and they'll have the SC for those that do.

Problem solved....

Your problem solved.

My questions still left unanswered.

• ED Team
Can people who do not own the SC fly through it (Since one cannot spawn and land on one)?

How about weapons?

Do the weapons from those people damage the ship?

Do weapons from the ship correctly damage the players?

Super carrier is solid and can be destroyed by anyone like any other ship.

If you do not own it you can not spawn from it or catch a wire, but you can still see it in MP, even try to land but you will get no interaction with the tower on the radio.

you can also still add it to missions

you can also still host it on dedicated servers

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Answers to my questions make me happy, just like Bignewy did.

Answers like yours don't satisfy me.

its nice to feel wanted lol

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You would also not be able to take advantage of the new radio communications

This is the biggest let down of the module for me. This could enhance the core of the engine for all, it makes no sense to me to deprive non SC owners of a missing feature of the engine.

Exactly the kind of decisions that pushes me to make a point and not buy the product.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

what happens if I land on it with a helicopter? no wire needed

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I'm a little confused...if I don't own PG I can't join an MP server running PG, correct?

If I do own PG but not, say, F/A-18 I can join the server, but I can't spawn an F/A-18?

How is SC any different? I have the map so I join the server, but I can't use the modules I don't own, right? That makes it up to the mission designers to either use Stennis and let everyone use the ship, use both and the ship you can use depends on your modules, or go SC and limit naval aviation to owners of SC AND the F/A-18 or F-14 (or whatever else you can spawn there...Grim Reapers like to do strange things, but they're English and we forgive them).

Am I missing something?

I have the map so I join the server, but I can't use the modules I don't own, right?

still, you can lock them and ram into them so they interact with non-module owners. I believe with SC should be the same

Jesus, the bloody SC carrier module is half price, that`s before it`s even released. It is for peanuts at 25 dollars. If it was for a fiver, people would still come on this forum and whinge about paying for it. Do these people work for nothing in real life or do they expect stuff to land in their lap like manna from heaven.

I also don't get it. ED invested a lot of resources into the SC, why would they give that module or parts of it away for free?

ED invested a lot of resources into DCS core world, Caucasus map and two aircraft yet they are giving them for free.

Now, I do not advocate that SC should be free or less expensive, but some elements like improved ATC should really be part of core game.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

ED invested a lot of resources into DCS core world, Caucasus map and two aircraft yet they are giving them for free.

Now, I do not advocate that SC should be free or less expensive, but some elements like improved ATC should really be part of core game.

Why? those core elements that are free don't have the same bells and whistles that the pay modules do. They are easy aircraft to jump into, there are things in the cockpit that are not modeled. They are bare bones.

The Stennis is a free carrier that you can use, It is missing some of the bells and whistles. It is an easy carrier to jump onto, there are things that are not modeled. like advanced ATC. It is bare bones.

everyone can jump in and fly the Frogfoot on the Caucasus map, and be competitive.

The Advanced ATC just works on the SC.

If I were just an Airforce pilot I would say fine I don't want to pay for something I will never use. As a Navy man I am like well okay makes since, if I want a high fidelity navy aircraft I have to pay for it, if I want a high fidelity Carrier I have to pay for it.