Interaction with non-SC owners

razo+r

It's not a question of price. Like I wrote

Exactly the kind of decisions that pushes me to make a point and not buy the product.

Not buying this product is to make a point, the only way I can make one.

ATC in general is like absent from the engine, ED could build up on their SC ATC to enhance the engine, but they chose not to. This plus ... well, I'll not make an essay on other stuff that bother me and are OT. But their production history tells me that SC released in a week isn't going to be in a proper shape, and for a long time. I'm a Combined Arms owner, same kind of module (well, I hope not). Look at the time it takes to integrate things in CA, like WWII units, or VR .....

So add to this the ATC decision.... and it makes me trying to make a point, again, the only way I can do it.

It's not a question of price

EDIT : that said, I'm still really on the fence over SC, but this is itching me the wrong way so much! :)

Edited by Whisper

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

and they say ATC is in the long term list. So we can guess that we won't see proper atc for some years. Anyway, i think I will buy sc just to support them but I hope this kind of "must be part of core feature" sales won't be a tradition for ed..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I also don't get it. ED invested a lot of resources into the SC, why would they give that module or parts of it away for free?

The price of an item is not determined by the one selling it, its determined by the one buying it. It doesn't matter how much work they put into it, it only matters if there is some one willing to pay for it.

In my case,

even tho the SC looks great the interactions of the crew look great and the improved ATC is really cool, but as I'm not going to use it for more than take off and land that SC is not worth much for me, I'd give 15$ top for it.

But that's my point of view, there is other people that would give 100$ for it,

So it comes down to this, they set their price that I think is high and I wont buy. its simple ;D

ED invested a lot of resources into DCS core world, Caucasus map and two aircraft yet they are giving them for free.

Now, I do not advocate that SC should be free or less expensive, but some elements like improved ATC should really be part of core game.

Exactly this, I think the improved ATC feature should be in the core game, ATC is not a SC specific item, every airfield has one, so why don't you improve your own game?

Exactly this, I think the improved ATC feature should be in the core game, ATC is not a SC specific item, every airfield has one, so why don't you improve your own game?

Base ATC improvements coming after the SC release, and talked on the DCS World 2020 and Beyond – Non-Aircraft Projects newsletter.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4168367&postcount=233

Answers to my questions make me happy, just like Bignewy did.

Answers like yours don't satisfy me.

razo, why be aggressive all the time, you can pick up the SC for 20 quid !! It's peanuts to pay for but has had a lot of work put into it. Why not pay a measly few dollars and enjoy a great product ...Geez

Mizzy

Base ATC improvements coming after the SC release, and talked on the DCS World 2020 and Beyond – Non-Aircraft Projects newsletee

Maybe I’m “missing the boat” but other than a few more scripted lines of text, not seeing a major revelation in ATC. Obviously still a carrier noob but I am still required (unless I use some aftermarket add on ) to take my eyes and hand off a control at the most critical times to find and press F keys and navigate a cmos style menu.

Gotta be a better way! (Says the non programmer guy :))

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Base ATC improvements coming after the SC release, and talked on the DCS World 2020 and Beyond – Non-Aircraft Projects newsletter.

Yes, and also (from https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269757) :

Projects that are in the passive development phase (waiting for a 3D model delivery, developers allocation, reference gathering stage or one of the current active project to be finished first):

DCS Core:

Damage Modeling for modern aircraft

Airfield ATC

which does not bode well in terms of date we'll see ATC improvements, if you ask me. I read it as "2+ years"

Edited by Whisper

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

Yes, and also (from https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269757) :

which does not bode well in terms of date we'll see ATC improvements, if you ask me. I read it as "2+ years"

yeah even active development modules take years to complete. can not even think about passive ones

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Maybe I’m “missing the boat” but other than a few more scripted lines of text, not seeing a major revelation in ATC. Obviously still a carrier noob but I am still required (unless I use some aftermarket add on ) to take my eyes and hand off a control at the most critical times to find and press F keys and navigate a cmos style menu.

Gotta be a better way! (Says the non programmer guy :))

I think that some of the calls (like ball call) are automated, but I'm not 100%.

Agree with the rest. That said I think the acid test will be for things like Case II/III and whether it can assign multiple aircraft to a stack etc - not sure either way if it can, or is planned for later.

DCS improvements tend to be incremental, so I'm sure it'll improve eventually either way, sooner or later.

I think that some of the calls (like ball call) are automated, but I'm not 100%.

Agree with the rest. That said I think the acid test will be for things like Case II/III and whether it can assign multiple aircraft to a stack etc - not sure either way if it can, or is planned for later.

DCS improvements tend to be incremental, so I'm sure it'll improve eventually either way, sooner or later.

RedKite's video is up and it shows the stacks in action.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Yes, it's also shown in the documentation, the replies show the different stack assignations.

I assume it's normal there is no assignation in Case I?