Confirmation of Parking Slots

High_Flyer

Hi,

Just have a quick question for ED. On the product page, the supercarrier is advertised to have 14 spawn slots. However, in the preview manual posted by Wags, the supercarrier is advertised to have 16 spawn slots. I was wondering if we could get some clarification on this for those of us who like to make our own missions.

Thanks and looking forward to the release!

Edit: With the Supercarrier released I fired up the mission editor and can confirm that there are up to 20 spawn slots for single player. Breakdown is listed in a post farther down.

Edited by High_Flyer

• ED Team
Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/supercarrier/

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So, that means a mix of 14, say 8 Hornets and 4 Tomcats? I seen mention in one of the preview videos by the GR guys that there's only 10 Hornet slots available and less for the Tomcat.

It would be nice, since that's probably something that's not going to change between the preview version out now and the release version next week, to have an updated answer on how many spots exactly.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

With the Supercarrier released I fired up the mission editor and can confirm that there are 20 spawn slots for a single player mission:

4 Hornets on the Catapults ready to launch.

16 Hornets parked at various positions on the deck.

I am quite thrilled that this is the case, as now we can create alpha strike missions that are comprised of aircraft launched purely from one carrier.