So still no news about AG radar,SLAM,and new FLIR function?

flankerjun

Not gonna lie, they don't help themselves with the wording of some of these posts. The update is appreciated for sure though.

That's true, from a marketing/PR perspective, but personally I'm quite happy that ED is frequently spilling the beans, by sharing their actual estimates with us, even if they're not bullet proof. I prefer that over professional, but empty PR statements!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, same. Then again I'm also at the point where I have enough modules I enjoy that if one of them doesn't get some fancy new toy or bug fix, I can just move on to other things for a while. I imagine it's different for the folks who e.g. are only (or almost only) flying the Hornet for example.

• ED Team

We know many will be disappointed but it was necessary. It will be worth the wait with the terrain enhancements for radar.

thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Tomorow the « Litening Targeting Pod will not include updates for LTD/R and LST (laser), automatic laser illumination, OFFSET cursor and AA mods »

So what is update on TGP on 20th ? Only bug fix ?

lol new date is 3rd June.

you are talking about "completion"

1. Completion of the Litening Targeting Pod

and how does it become completed without these:

Litening Targeting Pod will not include updates for LTD/R and LST (laser), automatic laser illumination, OFFSET cursor and AA mods.

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

lol new date is 3rd June.

you are talking about "completion"

and how does it become completed without these:

Never trust a single thing ED says when it comes to timelines and you'll never be disappointed. :thumbup:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Honest question why not take a few releases off to build a buffer between active development and what is completed, so in the future when issues arrive you can use some of that to meet your planned dates? For instance what gets released tomorrow would of actually been completed a month ago. Not only could you give yourselves some breathing room, but the bad optics of constantly skipping features could go away.

Honest question why not take a few releases off to build a buffer between active development and what is completed, so in the future when issues arrive you can use some of that to meet your planned dates? For instance what gets released tomorrow would of actually been completed a month ago. Not only could you give yourselves some breathing room, but the bad optics of constantly skipping features could go away.

Its an obvious solution, and honestly hope that in some ways with the very laagy updates lately that is partly what they are doing.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Agreed. But right now the TWS bug is only an F18 bug. SD10 and Phoenix need complete rework, but since they come from 3rd party, I'm skeptical about when that could happen.

Besides the game breaking bugs, the F18 needs to get 120 fixed. I'd settle for that and wait another month to get any upgrades else for it.

Agreed, but ufortunately the amraam whiners won't like a more realistic/lethal SD-10... Though a more realistic phoenix without magic tracking would be welcome.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

... Though a more realistic phoenix without magic tracking would be welcome.

Good grief, YES! I've had the Phoenix follow me through the mountains and kill me at 1ft AGL in a valley after being launched from an AI Tomcat 45 miles away. :)

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Agreed, but ufortunately the amraam whiners won't like a more realistic/lethal SD-10... Though a more realistic phoenix without magic tracking would be welcome.

Good grief, YES! I've had the Phoenix follow me through the mountains and kill me at 1ft AGL in a valley after being launched from an AI Tomcat 45 miles away. :)

So it's not just me that wondered if the phoenix was a bit off from reality. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hopefully they have at least fixed some bugs in the core when they don't bring new features for the Hornet. But I suspect, all energy went into the SC

That and the performance issues I guess. And I'd be totally fine with it if the result shows accordingly. I had hopes though that we might see the P-47 next week, but now since ED slated an update for 3rd of June already, I guess I should rather not expect the Jug to drop before that.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

... I had hopes though that we might see the P-47 next week, but now since ED slated an update for 3rd of June already, I guess I should rather not expect the Jug to drop before that.

They'll have it on sale for a couple of weeks before release I imagine, don't hold your breath on June 3rd. :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Well what do you know! Third parties that implemented systems ahead of EDs official APIs are now holding up Development..I don't wanna hear anymore about how Derka had A2G radar on their product first..

if it's not done right it's not done.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Well what do you know! Third parties that implemented systems ahead of EDs official APIs are now holding up Development..I don't wanna hear anymore about how Derka had A2G radar on their product first..

And yet the Hornet is going to exit EA with 27 missing features. :music_whistling:

I do hope so as well. But it's "different teams" right? :music_whistling:
Yeah. By purchasing two other EA products from ED (Viper + SC) I supported the significant delay of developing the Hornet directly. So we could say it was our own fault, which resulted in the current situation. :music_whistling:

As I purchased the Hornet in 02/2019 there was an appreciable progress in developing - until the Viper was released. And now our long expected SC swamps the developing resources. ED cannot deny this facts.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

And yet the Hornet is going to exit EA with 27 missing features. :music_whistling:

Yeah who gives a shit, it's better then 27 broken features that have to be re-done.

@Derka @Razbam @magnitude

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

giphy.gif

Even though it's painful to wait for all the features I'll accept a much thorough, quality module in the end.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I just can't wait for the AG Radar so that I can turn it on once, determine it sucks compared to the targeting pod, and then immediately start pining for the next unimplemented feature that prevents me from enjoying the Hornet. What'll it be? I was thinking the training bombs on that list is a good candidate...

I hope ED will survive this *management because I've spend a lot of money on their unfinished modules and I'll hope they are willing and are able to complete them one day... Sorry I'm just frustrated but that might be the prise of an ED early accsess module. :-(

Edited by Topper81

If it ain't ready by now, it shouldn't be in tomorrow.

Make an internal deadline few (or more) days ahead of release. Whats ready then can be released. Items with small non game braking issues can be considered (maybe with a known issue warning in the notes if it can't be fixed fully for release, otherwise boot it to the next release window).

Items that are just not ready or have a game braking features should be booted to the next release window.

With such workflow you can let people know by friday in the newsletter what is to be released and you work on a more stable environment for the beta build (and later on the full release).

It seems you guys are willing to do everything to deliver us those "promises". Much appreciated, really!!! but it ain't working out (in a development world).

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

I just can't wait for the AG Radar so that I can turn it on once, determine it sucks compared to the targeting pod, and then immediately start pining for the next unimplemented feature that prevents me from enjoying the Hornet. What'll it be? I was thinking the training bombs on that list is a good candidate...

You want actual things to start nagging for?

Az/El

CAS Page

MGRS

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2