New Warthogs in stock at Amazon $352.00

Bearcat

Edited by Bearcat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Fx-8350 | ASUS M5A99X EVO | EVGA 1050G PS | Corsair Force 3 240GSSD

Samsung 840 EVO 500G SSD | 32G Corsair Vengance DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 7200RPMHD

WD 2TB 7200 RPMHD XFX DD FX-HD 7870 2GB DDR5 | SB Xi-Fi APU | W7 U | TIR3

MSFFB2 | Saitek X-52|SaitekPro Pedals | Logitech Z-640 5.1 | ASUS VE248 24" LCD

$350 is a really good price. It is the price I paid for my original Warthog HOTAS quite a few years ago. I might not have ever gotten one for the original $500-$600 pricing I frequently saw back then and would still be flying with my old, but still fully functional X-52 Pro. Of course, now I have two Warthogs because I couldn't wait a few months for a replacement board for my throttle to return to stock. I paid about $400 including shipping to get my 2nd one from Germany because the supply and prices were otherwise back up to $500 at that time.

The real deal is when they go on sale for $300. Dell has done that more than once, usually around Christmas time. Given that for the time being, I rely on the throttle so much, I should have stocked up when the price was so low rather than waiting for a critical failure with no spares available to force me to do so. Now, I have repaired the original and have two complete fully functional Warthogs, so unless one fails beyond repair or the price goes ridiculously low, I won't be buying any more.

I just clicked the Amazon link and that price does not include shipping. So the real price is $429. Not bad, but I paid less to get my 2nd one from Germany in 2017. Looking at the current market, there is a shortage, so the prices are in the $600+ range right now. $429 from Amazon looks really good compared to present alternatives.

Edited by streakeagle
I just clicked the link and saw the shipping price: $77

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still have my old franken52-FFB2 set up but both sticks are getting old. My FFB2 is 17 years old. This just seemed like such a good deal though and I know eventually my old rig will die so it was a no brainier. Just last week I saw some Warthogs going for $700 on Amazon.... $429 looks damn good...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That was quick ....... Out of stock. Glad I got my order in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That was quick ....... Out of stock. Glad I got my order in.

Great! I hope you enjoy it. My original Warthog has served me well. Over the years, I have performed two repairs which required parts from Thrustmaster: replacing a board in the stick grip to fix a failed first trigger detent input and a board in the throttle, which completely "bricked" one day when I unplugged it from the USB and later plugged it back in. Presently, it works 100% as it did when I bought it.

There are two things I would do the next time you have some cash available:

1) Get an extension for the stick. I chose 15 cm to match the range of pitch axis movement at the top of the stick to the same for a real F-4 stick that it eventually replaced in my home cockpit, which also conveniently created the correct height from the floor plate when mounted on top of the box that covered the F-4 stick. This was perfect for me But a lot of people on use 10 cm and some use 20 cm or more.

2) Get the thumbstick cursor control mod always floating to the top of this forum: "Yet another warthog slew upgrade". It is ten times better than the little analog stick Thrustmaster provides. But it does involve minor disassembly of the throttle grip to install, so you may want to wait until your warranty period is expired.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Yeah, I'd like to see a class action against Amazon and Ebay for the price gouging they allow. And the rest of ya need to stop paying those prices because yer part of the problem.

• Like 2

"Now how do I land this thing?" *Sound of pages turning*