Glide slope

JupiterJoe

Been trying to auto carrier land and for some reason the glide slope is super low. I set-up the Stennis as data-link host, tune tacan, set ACL auto-pilot and ACL steering command, but the glide slope line on the HUD is too low. I have returned to trying to fly the F-14B, after a hiatus, so possibly I've missed something. It didn't used to be a problem. I've watched tutorial videos. Has something changed? AM I calculating the Carrier heading correctly? In this case the carrier is heading 097 degrees on the Caucuses map, so I should be on a course of 81 degrees to intercept the glide-slope and localizer beam? I am out about 25 miles when I turn in and at about 6000 feet. I have to fly down to under 1500 feet before the glide slope line will start to come up, even at 20 miles out. What's up with that?

Edited by JupiterJoe

Actually, both the ACLS and ICLS are wrong. The ACLS is just *really* wrong and the ICLS is just a little wrong.

It's pretty obvious that the ICLS is bringing you down to where you would normally go on the old Stennis because if you fly the needles precisely you will land a little left and a little aft of where you should (which is owing to the old Stennis's incorrect and smaller dimensions).

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Another update in 2 days, and nothing for the ICLS....Heatblur join a fix to ED brefore the Super Carrier Release!

in your changelog 2.5.6 49314 :

Fixed datalink connections with supercarrier. (Note: ACLS is currently off glideslope, we will fix it asap. ICLS is working as intended)

What's wrong with you ED? A third party (Heatblur) make a better work than you with your FA/18 for the aeronaval ops, and it's embarrassing for you? ;)

• 1 month later...