New update and f-16

Furiz
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

Minor bug fixes is all I pray for. I can live without new features, I just want the few things we have at the moment to actually work. Especially the D/L and the radar.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Minor bug fixes is all I pray for. I can live without new features, I just want the few things we have at the moment to actually work. Especially the D/L and the radar.

agree. just multiplayer running with out a hitch would be great....

Action After Contemplation

Last official info was that it will maybe have AGM-65D for the Viper.

Do you have a source/link for that? I don't follow Discord or any other site, hence the question. All i know(officially) is Wags last Mini Update:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4266853&postcount=40

Hey everyone,

While a lot of effort is currently on the Hornet, the Viper is also still getting a lot of love. Here are the items currently being worked on:

Added HACK time

Adjusted strobe light

Updated engine and throttle audio

CNI adjustments

External skins

Improve performance

Damage modeling phase 2

AIM-120 Active and TTI indication adjustments

Adjusted IFF HOTAS commands

Tuning NWS authority

Thanks,

Wags

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Do you have a source/link for that? I don't follow Discord or any other site, hence the question. All i know(officially) is Wags last Mini Update:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4266853&postcount=40

Yes, in late April Kate from ED said they hired a new engineer that is currently working on AGM-65D and they plan to deliver it later that month ( April). Obviously didnt happen yet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4287187&postcount=1

Edited by Silvern

Yes, in late April Kate from ED said they hired a new engineer that is currently working on AGM-65D and they plan to deliver it later that month ( April). Obviously didnt happen yet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4287187&postcount=1

Ah thanks, didn't had that post on my radar anymore. :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

new engineer = unexperienced = more bugs?

I am by now just hoping that every new release doesn't bork the things even more.

Also that the supercarrier won't tank performance more than it already is.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Interesting reading all of these posts. I just bought the F-16 and F/A 18 knowing they were WIP , but it sounds like there is so much yet to be accomplished on them. What Jet is similar to these that is 100 percent flawless in their line-up? I might have to go with that one for now. (DCS World OpenBeta)

Interesting reading all of these posts. I just bought the F-16 and F/A 18 knowing they were WIP , but it sounds like there is so much yet to be accomplished on them. What Jet is similar to these that is 100 percent flawless in their line-up? I might have to go with that one for now. (DCS World OpenBeta)

F16 is missing some options when it comes to AG targets, no anti radar option, no Mavericks, no anti ship and no JDAM or JSOW,

so you only have laser guided bombs, with a TPOD that needs some tweaking, unguided bombs, canister bombs and rockets.

As for AA the F16 is quite good,

Adding some of the missing arsenal to the f16 would be great as it would make it more versatile and therefore interesting.

F16 is missing some options when it comes to AG targets, no anti radar option, no Mavericks, no anti ship and no JDAM or JSOW,

so you only have laser guided bombs, with a TPOD that needs some tweaking, unguided bombs, canister bombs and rockets.

Adding some of the missing arsenal to the f16 would be great as it would make it more versatile and therefore interesting.

Ok, great detail. I will copy and paste this and then cross each one off as they make patches. Thanks a ton!

IMHO, way before considering AGM-65D or any other weapons, I think that there are way more important features to fix/implement.

There is also a huge and obvious bug that noboby ever mentioned here (as far as I know). ... about six months after the Alpha release. Curious about when it will be reported ;)

Edited by Dee-Jay

AA for F-16 is good, but quickly turns sour given:

- Datalink with AWACS does go on and off

- Datalink with AWACS generally means everyone is your friend (that's a lie btw)

- Datalink with buddies only works if you're on BLUE side (wtf?)

- AIM120C missile guidance is just kek at the moment, but it's reported and let's see what's happening

- ACM modes, especially boresight and helmet mounted locking are an insult

- Radar drops target when switching to DGFT mode

- Some other smaller radar bugs that will drive you nuts at times

- IFF is unrealiable (you need to do multiple IFF checks, as they sometimes just don't give you any result)

- RWR not having proper sounds

And since this has been the status of the F-16 for the last few months, I don't expect much to happen there. So yeah .. don't go with the F-16 unless you are already loving it and stomach a bit of frustration and the game actually trying to teach you wrong techniques to get things done. Which is the most horrible thing a so called simulation can actually do.

But ACM, TPOD, they all teach you wrong things about how it's supposed to be.

Edited by deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

The last time I used it the whole INS / Waypoint system was not very useful.

Waypoints were shifted along with the SOI - that you can't even "Cursor Zero" again.

TGP usage and, more importantly, Navigation aren't possible without a proper SOI implementation.

The included Quick Missions are really fun - but apart from that - there seem to be to many items on the overall agenda right now (incl. Supercarrier).

The last time I used it the whole INS / Waypoint system was not very useful.

Waypoints were shifted along with the SOI - that you can't even "Cursor Zero" again.

TGP usage and, more importantly, Navigation aren't possible without a proper SOI implementation.

The included Quick Missions are really fun - but apart from that - there seem to be to many items on the overall agenda right now (incl. Supercarrier).

when do you think there is light at the end of the tunnel?

there seem to be to many items on the overall agenda right now (incl. Supercarrier).

The SC is a runway they reworked and that they are selling to get some cash, shouldn't even be sold, runways should be part of the core game, there is clearly financial problems when they are doing something like this, makes me wonder how long can they keep this up.

SC needs resources and that is slowing completion of other modules in EA, if they were allocated on the EA modules that are not finished they would speed up the process,

I think many would be happy without SC and with finished aircraft modules, then after that SC etc...

But they clearly need money, those EA aircraft are already sold so there is none or low income from them,

SC with collaboration of the youtubers, that everyone so blindly believes in, will generate cash, that's why all this hype about a runway with animated crew while the sold modules remain unfinished.

when do you think there is light at the end of the tunnel?

ED it self said that they won't be doing much work on the F-16 this year .. so ... with current schedule you can expect work to be done in 2021. And you can believe that they will have other projects that get pushed into the middle of it again, so I don't have any high hopes of seeing anything before end of 2021 by now.