New update and f-16

Furiz
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

DCS F-16С Viper by ED

Strobe light need to be brighter at night - Fixed

Anti collision light not seen on multiplayer servers - Fixed

LEF should be at 2° up during cold start.- Fixed

FCR Hostiles returning Friendly - Fixed

Highlight of the selected weapon is not removed after selective jettison - Fixed

SAI Arrow does not move with ball - Fixed

Fuel tanks weight is incorrect - Fixed

Training mission CCRP bombing is in game mode - Fixed

INS Alignment: STOR HDG alignment doesn't finish - Fixed

Interior lighting at minimum power has lower brightness then without lighting in day light - Fixed

Tail texture improvement

Self illumination materials edited

Typo. F-16C Inputs. Ru localization

Quick start and training missions cause abnormal DCS behavior

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.6.49314/

Was post it a few minutes ago.... i was wating more than light fixes more if u see the other mod update...

a little sad

Well fixing stored heading is at least something.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hey bad_turbulance, I have been using the free edition of voice attack and for 10 bucks, I upgraded to the full version. It is very good for reducing your workload. I haven't overloaded it with a lot of commands, and I'm still playing with it. The addon is called Vaicom and I'm looking at that too, primarily to improve the AI interface with jester for the F-14, but it is certainly usable with other systems. For now, I would recommend voice attack, and give the guy the 10 bucks...it's well worth it...ok it's like 14.50 for those of us in the great white north...but still very worth it. In multiplayer use and although I have virtually no multiplayer until very recently(big thanks to the VAF), having voice attack reduces a bunch of workload too. If you do intend to do multiplayer, and I feel like an idiot for taking so long in trying it, get SRS, the simple radio add in. It allows you to map push to talk buttons for communicating with your flying mates. It's free if I recall correctly. I have an issue with volume, but that is a windows mixer adjustment and sound slider adjustment to figure out. I highly recommend it too. And remember...above all... enjoy the aircraft and have fun.

ks

Why Mavericks first?

I'd rather have HARMS and be able to standoff and tackle air defenses so I can get in there with dumb bombs or LGB's. You still have to get close to employ Mavs which leaves you pretty much where we are right now with dumb bombs and LGB's, vulnerable to SAMS.

My comment is neither here nor there but just my two cents. If it's going to take the same amount of time to develop and release I'd rather have HARMS.

Why Mavericks first?

I'd rather have HARMS and be able to standoff and tackle air defenses so I can get in there with dumb bombs or LGB's. You still have to get close to employ Mavs which leaves you pretty much where we are right now with dumb bombs and LGB's, vulnerable to SAMS.

My comment is neither here nor there but just my two cents. If it's going to take the same amount of time to develop and release I'd rather have HARMS.

Presumably because the HTS is gonna take a lot more work to develop, so I assume the Mav is the simpler way to go.

Plus really until ED fixes the whole IADS system, HARMs are a bit mismodeled anyway IMO. Luckily there are some scripts that can help with that, but it really should be a core functionality.

I mainly want Mav's for dealing with SHORADs and the like.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hey bad_turbulance, I have been using the free edition of voice attack and for 10 bucks, I upgraded to the full version. It is very good for reducing your workload. I haven't overloaded it with a lot of commands, and I'm still playing with it. The addon is called Vaicom and I'm looking at that too, primarily to improve the AI interface with jester for the F-14, but it is certainly usable with other systems. For now, I would recommend voice attack, and give the guy the 10 bucks...it's well worth it...ok it's like 14.50 for those of us in the great white north...but still very worth it. In multiplayer use and although I have virtually no multiplayer until very recently(big thanks to the VAF), having voice attack reduces a bunch of workload too. If you do intend to do multiplayer, and I feel like an idiot for taking so long in trying it, get SRS, the simple radio add in. It allows you to map push to talk buttons for communicating with your flying mates. It's free if I recall correctly. I have an issue with volume, but that is a windows mixer adjustment and sound slider adjustment to figure out. I highly recommend it too. And remember...above all... enjoy the aircraft and have fun.

ks

Great info, looks like those things are a must. I will try to get better at all the controls and flying then try to join a team to do multiplayer (long way to go to understand just all of the ACRONYMS on the F-16 , F-18 Too much of a rookie to do it yet so I'm going to inch my way closer I hope. I will make sure to do SRS, voice-attack and VIACOM. I'm making a note of this post ASAP.

Yeah. Bought the F-16 yesterday because i really wanted her (Falcon 3 veteran here) - knowing i wont be able to fly her properly before 2024 because EA announced, gets some features, gets dropped, next EA announced, this gets some features, gets dropped, next EA announced... remind me of this post January 2021 and again Juli 2021 and at these dates the Hornet wont be out of EA and F-16 will get half baked features and fixes dripping and not be out of EA in early 2022. You can remind me of this post early 2022 too.

(Disclaimer: redefining what "EA" means in cheesy PR statements so an EA product can be called "released" does not count).

I really accepted all this when i bought the Viper, but its also been the last DCS module i bought.

Im done :pilotfly:

Typical DCS

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Why Mavericks first?

Yeah, I'd rather have JDAM's and more TGP additions, since those are the bread and butter of F-16's. Mav's are whatever.

Why Mavericks first?

Agree 100%

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Why Mavericks first?

Mavericks offer more versatility. With Mavs we get stand-off munition that can engage armored targets, SHORAD & ships.

Personally I think it's a great choice.

Mavericks offer more versatility. With Mavs we get stand-off munition that can engage armored targets, SHORAD & ships.

Personally I think it's a great choice.

I think it depends on the mix of aircraft you’re used to flying with. Our group has Hogs, Hornets and now Vipers. Yes, the Hornets can carry HARMs but it detracts from their major role which is A2A. Hogs can carry Mavericks and target them better right now with a fully functional TGP.

HARMs and MK-82s with which to follow up on launchers (with still a minimum of self defense in A2A) would make the Vipers far more effective (at least under our SOPs)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Did the F16 got a bit better climb rate with the latest update or is it just my mind playing games?

When did you see an update come down? or had you not been using it in a while and it did an update upon your last launch? The reason I ask is that I have not noticed one in a while.

Yeah, I'd rather have JDAM's and more TGP additions, since those are the bread and butter of F-16's. Mav's are whatever.

I mean sort of. They eventually became the bread and butter, but for 20+ years that was what mavs were used for. I mean in many squadrons in that era they didnt even have 1 TGP per plane. DCS just distorts so much in the way weapons are used vs RL its amusing.

I recall reading a viper pilot in the 03 invasion doing SEAD and his TGP was the mav seeker head. And he was loathe to use it since if he did he wouldnt have the IR imagery available.

I think it depends on the mix of aircraft you’re used to flying with. Our group has Hogs, Hornets and now Vipers. Yes, the Hornets can carry HARMs but it detracts from their major role which is A2A. Hogs can carry Mavericks and target them better right now with a fully functional TGP.

HARMs and MK-82s with which to follow up on launchers (with still a minimum of self defense in A2A) would make the Vipers far more effective (at least under our SOPs)

:thumbup: HARMS would make the F-16 much more mission capable. At present you can't do much against SAM threats.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

Great info, looks like those things are a must. I will try to get better at all the controls and flying then try to join a team to do multiplayer (long way to go to understand just all of the ACRONYMS on the F-16 , F-18 Too much of a rookie to do it yet so I'm going to inch my way closer I hope. I will make sure to do SRS, voice-attack and VIACOM. I'm making a note of this post ASAP.

If you do get VAICOM and need any support it has its own sub forum under the Input and Output forum. Drop by there and we will be happy to provide help:)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

There is a bug in AIM 120. Even if you launch in TWS the enemy hear the warning immediately. This is true in F16 AND F18.

...and I was happy with DL.

...update...This is true only for the F18

Edited by DrIoannis

When did you see an update come down? or had you not been using it in a while and it did an update upon your last launch? The reason I ask is that I have not noticed one in a while.

It is true the F16 and F18 got a little better in speed and climb rate.

It is true the F16 and F18 got a little better in speed and climb rate.

Any FPS increase for the F-16? I'm hoping it gains about a 20fps increase fairly soon because i have to turn down the graphic settings every time i fly it, then turn them back up for all other planes.

I didn't have any issues with it last night, but its been a while since I flew it so not sure if any better.