New update and f-16

Furiz
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

Any FPS increase for the F-16? I'm hoping it gains about a 20fps increase fairly soon because i have to turn down the graphic settings every time i fly it, then turn them back up for all other planes.

Nope I did not notice any improvement.

Any FPS increase for the F-16? I'm hoping it gains about a 20fps increase fairly soon because i have to turn down the graphic settings every time i fly it, then turn them back up for all other planes.

I noticed an increase in FPS in VR. My specs below. I run my Index at 90 Hz.

Before, it typically locks frames at 45 or 30 fps - I'd see it dip into the 20s if action got high.

Well now, I can play on the same multiplayer servers with a lot of units/players and be locked at a solid 45 - maybe dip into 30, but not as often.

Last night I tried a single player mission I made that only had a few elements and I was actually flying around at 90 fps looking around at the ground.

I do highly prioritize smoothness over graphics, so I have a lot of stuff turned down (no shadows, no AA...)

i7-7700k OC'd to 5.0 GHz, ASUS 1080ti OC, 32 GB 3200 MHz G.Skill, Samsung 960 pro M.2, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek pedals, Valve Index HMD

I noticed an increase in FPS in VR. My specs below. I run my Index at 90 Hz.

Before, it typically locks frames at 45 or 30 fps - I'd see it dip into the 20s if action got high.

Well now, I can play on the same multiplayer servers with a lot of units/players and be locked at a solid 45 - maybe dip into 30, but not as often.

Last night I tried a single player mission I made that only had a few elements and I was actually flying around at 90 fps looking around at the ground.

I do highly prioritize smoothness over graphics, so I have a lot of stuff turned down (no shadows, no AA...)

that's decent news reporting right there. haven't been flying VR, perhaps they optimized that part of the code. Will give F-16 another try this weekend with settings down and see what happens. I still havent seen an update pause and download (w/Torrent message) from OpenBeta in a long time. Perhaps they sneaked one in (update) and I didn't see it updating at launch. Pretty sure it would have goobered up my custom settings for monitors.lua (kind of things). Great update on the VR side though and thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Yup welcome to early access DCS style, (EA takes in DCS takes YEARS, not months like the rest of the industry)[/Quote]

Let's be honest now here....

Early access is Steam business model that is infamous for years times where simple games sits there. Nothing as complex as DCS module when it comes to physics modeling and such. But simply to features like a new campaigns or new voice acting, if putting to DCS perspective.

Steam was forces to silence their Greenlight project as well, because way too many indie game that got greenlight (who doesn't know, greenlight was program of Valve that when community voted a indie game from selection, they will contact the developer and help them to get game ready for publishing and typically early access phase where they got funding for it while finishing games) was never finished.

Early Access model is business model where you pay in advance for something that doesn't yet exist. So you can sometimes pre-order something that comes to early access.

It is like building your house, you don't have money so you walk to bank to take a loan. Now you have loan + interest to pay back (there is always multiple times more money in dept than there is money in circulation). Now you walk to contractor to build you an house. So now you pay for a house that you do not own yet as it has not been built.

Now you wait that the foundations are made, first it requires soil sampling and possible soil study so proper foundation can be built on it. You want project to go quickly as you want to move to your house. So you might even be ready to bribe someone to get signed documents for approval design.

Then you start building foundation and then the structure. The building raises quickly up to have a roof and even windows and doors, but then comes the real money pit.

Indoors finishing, piping, electricity, ventilation, central heating etc etc. Such a simple and basic things like where to put a power outlet becomes difficult task if you try to do it yourself and don't know what you are doing.

If you pull your own electricity you can save tens of thousands. All you need is a electrician to check all and sign your work.

Same thing is with plumbing, you can do it yourself and pay for a plummer to sign your work. Eventually you can do almost all by yourself, and save lots of money.

But be ready to work alone and around the clock as your day job ends and your night work starts. You will be sleeping few hours at night and yet waiting a lot of things to happen as different contractors and product manufacturers delivery times don't match your needs.

Eventually you get your house built, you even paint it by yourself to save tens of thousands. And now you are ready to move in. Nice fancy design, what now here and there some marks as you didn't get things right but nothing serious.

First few weeks you find out that here and there could be extra power outlets, or some could have been placed differently or had more sockets... But you got your house built in that summer, faster than typically and you saved almost half of the money.

But now you wake up one morning that your walls has a cracks, going through the ceiling and to basement.... The foundation that you wanted speed up and get done quickly has cracked....

To fix that, it would require so heavy lifting that it is cheaper to scrap building and build from start....

Now comes the question, ED is developing major foundations to DCS World, do you want to speed up and horry in that progress just so you get a few misaligned power sockets sooner than later?

It is cheap and fast to move few sockets around or change the wall painting. But if you do not design and build your foundation right, it means you must scrap the whole project you have worked for just to do it second time, correctly....

Big projects takes time, and you might have an vision that you have beautiful big house in specific location and two cars in garage and you enjoy from BBQ with friends at backyard terrace while kids swim in pool....

But if you save time or money in wrong place when sudden challenges becomes visible, your horry can cost the whole dream or postpone it further.

Without solid foundation nothing can be built to last generations...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.