Is there a way to know the real heading of a runway b4 takeoff?

I've been fiddling with the course knob in the F18. I noticed when I fly from Nellis AFB to McCarren International that runway 25 at McCarren is actually closer to 260 degrees. I know this now from trial and error, but how would I know what the actual runway heading is in advance before I take off, so I can set the course line in Tacan? I could not find it in the F10 map anywhere. Thx.

I noticed when I fly from Nellis AFB to McCarren International that runway 25 at McCarren is actually closer to 260 degrees. I know this now from trial and error, but how would I know what the actual runway heading is in advance before I take off, so I can set the course line in Tacan?

You can find it on the Airport chart at the Kneeboard:

HHGvueH.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You can also use the ruler tool on the F10 map.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

You can also use the ruler tool on the F10 map.

Doesn't that give True Heading instead of Magnetic?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Airfield plates will provide this information. And you are correct that the actual heading may be a little different to the numbers. There are several reasons for this:

a. Movement of the magnetic poles over time

b. Poor surveying

c. Avoidance of certain runway combinations e.g 20/02

d. Avoidance of similarly named runways on aerodromes in close proximity.

Real aircrew do a quick check that their compass and DG align with the expected runway heading before rolling. It is a final check that the instruments are correct before getting airborne. If you don't want to look at plates, you can use the reverse to find the runway heading...…… If your DG is aligned by INS (as it is in many of the aircraft simulated in DCS) then look at your heading before you roll...…. I use this before carrier launch to ascertain the BRC since the ATC is so useless.