Send out F-14MOD pictures

RICK

Viper, On the ground yes, But I am FAR from any type of modeler, And whats easy for you isnt easy for someone else < I.E me > If i did know how to model I would gladly do it I mean A tornado would be my first project :joystick:

STT Radar issue is leftover code.

It seems to me that you making models like robot...

No doubt... keep it up RICKY.:thumbup:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Good news!!! At least a Tomcat model, which will be released for the public.

Thank you RICK! You're the MEN!!!

My buddy (Sir Trooper) will 'bounce' becaue of HAPPINESS!!! :bounce:

:D

Keep it up!!! :thumbup:

E.g.: I spred the words for ya at LockOnFiles.

I think the cockpit is a lil bit wide not is it?

The following errors with that F-14A model.

- Cockpit size

- Cockpit glass color

- Light system

- Nozzles

- Nose pod

- Speed brake

- Walking area behind cockpit extended too long

- Tails

- Gun holder

- Nose gear cat bar does not come down when landing

- Rear gear are too tall

Here are some good reference pictures of a F-14A's.

F-14A

f14avf841977201se2.jpg

F-14A Upgrade

f14inlandingja1.jpg

Another F-14A Upgrade

image022tq8.jpg

It will still be a while till this thing impresses me, but just keep at it.:smilewink:

• Like 1

Hey v1per, maybe you might want to mention all the good things about it? Or is there nothing good about it? Personally, I am impressed with the model. I cannot model 3D and I respect anyone who tries and creates a model for the community. I however, do not have respect for those who dis other peoples' hard work. I didn't see anyone criticizing your F-14 like you do this F-14? I think you need to cool it... and get a life. there's more to aviation and combat than just the F-14.

Excellent model RICK!!! I cannot wait to see the final model!

• Like 1

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Hey v1per, maybe you might want to mention all the good things about it? Or is there nothing good about it? Personally, I am impressed with the model. I cannot model 3D and I respect anyone who tries and creates a model for the community. I however, do not have respect for those who dis other peoples' hard work. I didn't see anyone criticizing your F-14 like you do this F-14? I think you need to cool it... and get a life. there's more to aviation and combat than just the F-14.

Where do you see me criticizing it? I am telling the problems wrong with it in hope for Rick to change/improve them. I think the body is nice but other that than, the problems I have posted above are a real turnoff to somebody who knows a lot about Tomcats and what they do/should look like in-game. And dont tell me to cool it.

Where do you see me criticizing it?

Umm... your entire post

I think the body is nice but...

Really? you didn't say that at first...

And dont tell me to cool it.

Many other people have said worse, your lucky I'm being nice...

Dude, you could at least complement him on the nice model.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Viper is pointing out things that in his (and mine) opinion require more work... if this is to become a good (more accurate) 3D model... and that's about it.

Anyway, how about some nice zoomed in shots of different area for more details on the model... and ca we get some shots with AA enabled?

No longer active in DCS...

Really nice job Rick! This is one of the best attempts I have seen so far! For an F-14 enthusiast like myself, this is like Christmas. You have a few issues that need fixing from the "realism" perspective, and your skin needs a bit of fine tuning, but aside from that you did an awesome job. I haven't been through every single post, so forgive me if I am asking a redundant question, but have you managed to get the wings to fold in flight?

Again, beautiful!:thumbup:

-Hellcat

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

RICK how on earth are you making all these models!:D

F-14 is great keep it up, ill help you with ref material although v1per will have more. Oh yeah v1per and aeroscout you both have valid points just put these behind you and concentrate on helping RICK. The last thing we want is a model that isnt finished because of arguing. Nice shot btw RICK.

attachment.php?attachmentid=14559&d=1201324934

RICK how on earth are you making all these models!:D

F-14 is great keep it up, ill help you with ref material although v1per will have more. Oh yeah v1per and aeroscout you both have valid points just put these behind you and concentrate on helping RICK. The last thing we want is a model that isnt finished because of arguing. Nice shot btw RICK.

attachment.php?attachmentid=14559&d=1201324934

We will help you if needed. :thumbup:

A deck has to look like in the picture.:thumbsup::clap_2:

A.K.A Csocso