Just, pitty!

ADHS

Please read my posts more carefully: I responded only to your questions about the AMRAAM on the A-10. It was clear by then that you already knew why certain things were still missing on the F-16. The two issues are unrelated:

1) Missing items on F-16: Because of early access - to be added later (if applicable to the real jet).

2) Missing AMRAAM on A-10C: Because of reality - never to be added.

In my 1st text (page 1) i've mentioned just 2 of my modules (as example).

I haven't mentioned what is missing from the rest that i own:

Harrier, Mirage, KA-50. (Even the full keyboard map is missing!)

I believe that early access is took so long for these prices.

As for the reality, do USAF can't load a nuclear missile in A-10 ? Check it!

Thank you, anyway

Edited by ADHS

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.

A-10 is flying way to slow and low to drop a nuke, it would kill itself while doing so.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

A-10 is flying way to slow and low to drop a nuke, it would kill itself while doing so.

If we are talking about REALITY, to convience each other,

we got to understand that USA Nukes can be carried in

every bombardier made in USA! And that's a fact.

Just because an aircraft can carry bombs doesn't make it a bomber. A plane made to fly slow& low over columns of tanks, happily BRRRRRRTing people and equipment out of existence, is not a good candidate for nukes, which require an aircraft to fly high or fast and preferably both

While the air force did consider it a long time ago, they never did it. Check it, that's a fact.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/air-force-almost-had-10-warthog-drop-nukes-76711

Fwiw, that was part of an era where atomic bombs were considered for everything from artillery to dredging canals, and even back then nukes on an a-10 seemed like a bad idea

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

It is also a fact, that dcs only simulates weapons that are officially cleared to be carried on a certain aircraft, on a certain station (with a few exceptions sometimes for gameplay reasons)

Additionally, as far as I know, nuclear bombs need a special kit installed on the aircraft to authorize launch and at least our A-10 version does not have it.

Also for example while the hornet can carry nukes, our specifc version of the Lot 20 Hornet can't.

And for the point people are trying to make about your attitude: Many would be more willing to explain what they know about nukes on aircraft if you ask for it instead of saying from the beginning that it should be this way and ask us for proof that it is not that way.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Right there, another example of the reason of your misconceptions - the lack of a reasonable broad knowledge about military aviation.

... and being DCS a simulator, a lot of stuff do need the knowledge of some concepts.

In bold, you are confusing light Attack aircraft (A-7, A-10, etc.) with Bombers (B-1, B-52, etc.)

(No problem at all in not knowing stuf, just not necessary to insist in criticize before knowing a minimum.)

By the way, there's also many other cathegories, for instance: C-130 Hercules... stands for "Cargo".

And there are also erroneuos exceptions (F-111, F-117, etc.)

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

ngreenaway,

You can check Serbia. Still got anomaly births because

of the short range missiles equiped with depleted uranium.

THIS is a fact!

Silo01,

this (bellow) was my finding:

=======================================

The majority of the modules that i've bought

are missing lots of their weapons and their

systems. For example the famous MULTI-ROLE

F16, doesn't have Mavericks or HAARM missiles.

Even the A-10 is restricted to custom payload.

It is just pitty, plus VERY dissapointing

from the CUSTOMER's point of view.

=======================================

I don't get it regarding my attitube.

Did i inssult anyone ? or the questions

should have a TICKET ? Democracy man!

Top Jockey,

do you thing that i was talking about a hudge ICBM loaded in a tiny A-10 ?

I think you have to be informed about mini nukes that fit in the pylons!

Not all bombers, the B-1 had its nuclear mission removed. I don’t know what Serbia has to do with it.

If you can find any evidence of nuclear weapons ever carried by A-10 please show it. Just becuase there are small nukes out doesn’t mean it’s certified and operational on the A-10

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

ngreenaway,

THIS is a fact!

So, ah, depleted uranium isn't used in nuclear weapons. It would actually be counterproductive to use DU in nuclear weapons (although I have heard that U--238 may be used for the outer casing of some high-yield thermonuclear warheads). DU is what is left over after you have extracted the fissile (ie goes boom) uranium isotope U-235 from a sample of uranium.

Depleted uranium has been used in the armor-piercing incendiary (API) 30mm rounds used by the A-10C main gun, although my understanding is that they are transitioning to tungsten or some other substance. Some armor-piercing tank rounds have also used DU.

No nuclear weapons have been used in combat since 1945. I believe that we can all, regardless of nation or political faction, hope that they will never be used again.

Seems that the logic of a Forum is missed.

For those that expanding beyond my original

sayings, read 1st Page, the 1st text on top.

Sorry i can't help you more.

As for the reality, do USAF can't load a nuclear missile in A-10 ? Check it!

Nukes can be carried in

ngreenaway,

THIS is a fact!

-snip-

I think you have to be informed about mini nukes that fit in the pylons!

I don't think you have a firm grasp on what you're trying to say. You're discussing nukes on an A-10 as if it were a fact, and when I show u that no, it's not a fact , you come back with Serbian birth defects & depleted Uranian shells.

No one would dispute a claim that a-10s carry depleted uranium munitions. Here's the thing: DU munitions AREN'T nukes, and the DU rounds they carry are for the gun. They certainly aren't mini-nuke missiles

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

The A-10C dont have radar nor amraams so its not realistic to have it in the sim, the F-16 its a WIP so if the weapon its realistic its very probable that in a future will be present so be patient...you can modify the payload in cockpit if you are in ground and add the weapons of your choice...just relax a let the more experienced people help you to understand how works this sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even the A-10 is restricted to custom payload.

:huh: Can you elaborate?

Lunatic98

F.e. I want to load (in all pylons) just AMRAAMs. I can't.

You criticise DCS because of early access and payloads not meeting your requirements by wanting AMRAAMs on an A-10; which is an unrealistic request. Just because you can do it in another sim/game doesn't make it correct.

Do you realise that in the real World to fire an AMRAAM requires at least IFF which the A-10 not having a radar doesn't even have an interrogator, so visual acquisition would be required where an AIM-9 would be the weapon of choice. Putting an AMRAAM on an A-10 is laughable, so by mocking DCS because of this you've unfortunately reaped what you've sown.

You also want nuclear bombs on an A-10 because of you're misunderstanding of what weapon uses Depleted Uranium, the armour piercing rounds in the Gun.

If you wanted a more civil discussion with friendly responses maybe you shouldn't have come here with the belief that you already know the answers before starting this thread. Carrying on the facade with cryptic responses is just making it worse.

The worrying thing for me is that a user on a Falcon sim forum under the same name is banned over there and has an 9 year old history of slating ED.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Hate to spoil the fun for someone*, but you guys are really getting saltmined here :'D

*Foreign shaming factor just passed my treshold, gotta intervene. Sorry man.

The worrying thing for me is that a user on a Falcon sim forum under the same name is banned over there and has an 9 year old history of slating ED.

Told you guys a page ago already: look at his post history here, its either trolling (silver grade attempt, bait was hilarious, good effort and delivered lots of salt) or hes serious with this and is probably suffering from a stroke or two (sorry for you then dude).

Gone for good.

In the end it is just a game. The good thing is it evolves and some weapons and features will be added as time goes by. It does take time. None of the modules are perfect (but getting better as time goes by) and performance for many systems, weapons, and aircraft have been estimates when data is missing or sketchy. Programmers do what they can and work with available research and knowledge. It is the best game(study level sim) out there with what is known. Enjoy what you have and be apart of the community that tests, complains, and rejoices in its qualities.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. Kudos to the ED team and the Third Party Developers.

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

Told you guys a page ago already: look at his post history here, its either trolling (silver grade attempt, bait was hilarious, good effort and delivered lots of salt) or hes serious with this and is probably suffering from a stroke or two (sorry for you then dude).

Someone always has to spoil the fun.

Pro tip, you're not supposed to let on, this ain't chaddit forum.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Wow, since my last post I did a bit of research on this poster (not just here, but going back to at least 2011/2012 on various other forums). He has a very long history of attacking ED and got banned on at least one other forum for doing so. He is not new to sims or DCS by a very long shot.

Unfortunately, that's the way of the internet, as per my own experience starting with Usenet in the early 90's: Try and help people and every now and again you WILL fall victim to a troll.

I would close this thread. Completely pointless. but... we did learn a couple of things about nukes :p

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p