Help modifying F10 map

159th_Grey

Hello guys,

This might be my first post but ive been lurking around for quite some time and as such id like to say a big thank you to all the mods and ED for their work. Its really appreciated!

I was thinking of doing something myself. Im planning to modify the F10 tacmap but the problem is i just dont know how. Ive been searching the forums but ive found nothing; I just saw Teka Tekas new map borderline mod and I realized it is possible. So what tools do I need (except photoshop)?...and from what files do I extract the those bmps?

Thank you!

Grey

You can edit the contour map textures. The textures are contained in \Bazar\Terrain\Surface\High\MapTextures.cdds. You can use ModMan6's CDDS Explorer to extract/insert the textures.

There are two levels (high/low) of details those textures have. You have to edit both to get the proper result. You have to handle about 300 files, if you like to change the whole map.:D

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

300? Phew..I though youd say 500 so its ok :huh: Thanks a bunch mate ill get to work now :thumbup:

Later edit: Ive extracted the files, 309 in total. Ok now i have two problems:

1. Cant figure out what are the low files and what are the high files because they all have the same size and resolution. Am I missing something?

2. I have to reconstruct the map in photoshop but the names dont help much. What the logic behind the filenames?

Another question: Is there a way to add another layer of vectorized data to the map?

Arigato gozaimasu